Who would we protect in an expansion draft?

knorthern knight

Mar 18, 2011
GTA
due to this note.. im going the two goalie 3 d 7 forward route, we have a surplus of outstanding goalie prospects, Helle, Comrie, Hutch.

'For teams protecting only one goaltender, there was no experience requirement for those left unprotected'.

Goalie

Hellebuyck
Comrie
1st and 2nd year pros are draft-exempt. Pro includes NHL/AHL/ECHL/KHL/Euro-leagues/whatever. If Comrie turns pro this upcoming season (2015-2016), he'll still be draft-exempt in June of 2017. So no need to protect him.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
The thinking now is Vegas in 2017/18 (I heard this on XM Radio)

Currently the Jets have under contract in 17/18

Little
Wheeler
Enstrom
Myers
Stuart

And a bunch of ELC contracts and RFA's to be.

It's a bit hard to predict what will/should happen if the expansion draft isn't until the summer of 2017. The NHL roster will likely change significantly by then

EastRiver

Jul 1, 2012
Canada
He'll be playing this season in the AHL and will probably be the number one goalie the year after so if he is not ready, he will be close.

What about Helle? I'd be surprised Comrie is in the NHL two years from now never mind ahead of Helle.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
I fully expect Helle to get some NHL time this year.
Start of the year?
Christmas?
All-star break?
I don't know when but he will get so me time with the Jets.

I think Ehlers and Lemieux start with the team out of TC but Lemieux gets sent back to juniors and Ehlers fate lies in his hands.

Will they let Armia start with the Jets to see how he stacks up against the big boys? He was doing well before the trade and injury with 25 points in 33 games.

Petan? ..not sure. Probably destined for the Moose this season and I'm not sure if he plays a few games with the big club at the beginning...I would guess no. The Jets need to start better than last season.

Then, we have Morrissey. If he is good enough to make the Jets, The Jets don't need to move one of the RHD to the left side. Do you put Buff back up front as a winger? I'd really like to see him and Scheifele and Ehlers (if he is good enough) on a line. Not sure why but I think that line would produce. Also, if I am Maurice, Buff parks his arse in front of the opposing goalie EVERY PP. If Morrissey doesn't make the club, one of the RHD moves to the left. I expect to see Morrissey start the season on the Jets but not sure for how long.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad