Who Would Make Czechias Roster If There Was Olympics This Year?

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
With everyone healthy.

Zacha - Krejci - Pastrnak
Kubalik - Hertl - Necas
Palat - Chytil - Voracek
Nosek - Faksa - Kämpf

SImek - Hronek
Zboril - Gudas
Hajek - Rutta

Vanecek
Vejmelka
Francouz

Thats a great forward group. 3 good scoring lines and a really good checking unit.

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland
The defense is not great. It's pretty bad. Also, Voracek might be done playing hockey, which is sad. The forward group does have some potential and overall it is capable. The defense drags them down though. Hopefully they can turn the situation around soon enough.

Reactions: Czechboy

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
I'm not 100% that D core could win a Skoda Cup to be honest. I like them all but that is very weak.

I'd put Palat with Necas and Hertl. That gives us two very good forward lines and a third line with some chances to sneak one in.

Voracek is probably done which is awful.. I'd put Vrana in his spot.

Francouz has been hurt a lot... I'd pick anyone of our other NHL goalies (Rittich, Dostal, Mrazek, Rittich) in that spot... the goalies are all good and there is not a huge dropoff in quality between them. 7 solid guys but no Vezina candidate.

Levshunov

May 7, 2022
Minsk, Belarus
Cervenka - Krejci - Pastrnak
Palat - Hertl - Necas
Kubalik - Chytil - Voracek
Zacha - Kampf - Vrana
Smejkal, Faksa

Sulak - Hronek
Simek - Gudas
Klok - Rutta
Sklenicka - Jiricek

Vanecek
Francouz
Vejmelka

Reactions: Czechboy

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
The defense is not great. It's pretty bad. Also, Voracek might be done playing hockey, which is sad. The forward group does have some potential and overall it is capable. The defense drags them down though. Hopefully they can turn the situation around soon enough.
We'd have to be very well coached to make up for that D... we have a very good coach but it's a big ask. Like I say, the 6 Swedes that wouldn't make the team would make ours.lol Same with the next 6 for Canada and USA.

Jiricek soon and that will help but guys like Spacek, Svozil, Krutil, Galvas, Kral, Hamara are either years away or never making it. By the time some of them arrive, Gudas is gone.

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
By all accounts, Kempný should be in such a line-up, according to the statistics with an overview the best defender in the extra league. When he was at one tournament with the national team this year, he played well, although some claimed that he may have played poorly. But if I compare him with, for example, Hájek, who was ridiculously awkward in the national team last time at the championship, then there is nothing to discuss at all. It's simply not true that if someone is on the edge of the NHL, they have to be better than a player from Europe. Moreover, if it is someone like Kempný, who was ultimately successful in the NHL and if he had been given time to play after an injury, he would probably still be there now.

Reactions: Eye of Ra

Levshunov

May 7, 2022
Minsk, Belarus

Eye of Ra Create topics for these teams ;):):)

Austria,Denmark,France, Germany Great Britain, Hungary, Italy, Kazakhstan, Latvia,Norway,Slovakia, Switzerland Korea,China.
It is interesting to know the optimal compositions of these teams if they performed at the Olympics.
Maybe guys from these countries are present on HfBorads:thumbu:

• Wow
Reactions: Eye of Ra

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Right now

Palat - Zacha - Pastrnak
Kubalik - Hertl - Necas
Kampf - Nosek - Blümel
R Zohorna - Faksa - Lauko

Kempný - Hronek
Rutta - Gudas
Simek - Jiracek

Vanecek
Dostal
Vejmelka

Hronek, Gudas, Rutta, Jiricek are all R, 1 of them has to play L

Chytil is sadly injured, otherwise he would be a lock

2 offensive lines, 2 checking units

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Right now

Palat - Zacha - Pastrnak
Kubalik - Hertl - Necas
Kampf - Nosek - Blümel

Kempný - Hronek
Rutta - Gudas
Simek - Jiracek

Vanecek
Dostal
Vejmelka

Best of times (Jr results and draft rankings are encouraging)

and

Worst of times .. NHL talent is dwindling... so much bad luck

Busts - Kaut, Zadina, Zboril, Vrana, Hajek, Galvas, Kral, Zboril
Injured badly - Voracek, Chytil, O. Kase, Francouz

I think Simek is done too.

I'd have Mrazek in the goalies. I'd start Dostal today.

That is a lot of guys that have not panned out for one reason or another.

Years away from being competitive to be honest. I would love watching the team but wouldn't expect much success today. Also, if Zacha doesn't come we are even more screwed.lol

Reactions: Swipes

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Right now

Palat - Zacha - Pastrnak
Kubalik - Hertl - Necas
Kampf - Nosek - Blümel

Kempný - Hronek
Rutta - Gudas
Simek - Jiracek

Vanecek
Dostal
Vejmelka

Seems about right.

I think if you are going to go with Nosek and Kampf as possible 3rd liners, you may as well be giving Kulich a shot here.

I don't know where Zadina stands with the Czech Federation but I am sure he would want the opportunity.

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
Seems about right.

I think if you are going to go with Nosek and Kampf as possible 3rd liners, you may as well be giving Kulich a shot here.

I don't know where Zadina stands with the Czech Federation but I am sure he would want the opportunity.
Definitely Kulich ... Zadina would also be good, he is a bust but still a regular NHLer (at least so far lol) .. but I think coach will push some guys from europe also (Sedlak, Kase come to mind), which I personally dont care for that much, but it will probably happen. I guess right now If I would just shout out names I would go like this:

G - Dostal, Vejmelka, Mrazek
D - Jiricek, Hronek, Gudas, Rutta, Kempny, Kral (Svozil)
F - Pasta, Necas, Hertl, Zacha, Chytil, Palat, Kubalik, Kulich, Sedlak, Kase, Faksa, Kampf (Blumel or Zadina)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad