Kings Article: Who Would Be The LA Kings Emergency Backup Goaltender?

kingsfan

President of the Todd McLellan fan club by default
Mar 18, 2002
Manitoba, Canada
This guy
ranford-mask.gif

Unless it's on a game CBC is broadcasting. Then it's this guy

tumblr_mnqohiQCW01spx4u4o1_250.jpg

Unleash the bandana!

Captain Mittens*

Ryan Back and he'll still be sporting Red Wings gear

bach.jpg

kingsfansince1967

Oct 23, 2006
Montreal
Since we are in the topic of the Kings goaltenders (of all time I suppose...) here is a little trivia...

Can anyone name the goaltender drafted by the Kings, that was supposed to be a great goalie in the NHL (according to a very bad prediction of one of the greatest goalies of all-time) and believe it or not, played only one game in goal for the Kings and it was also his one and only game in the NHL. Poor guy...

eleventy

Conditioner goes first
Jul 4, 2007
Since we are in the topic of the Kings goaltenders (of all time I suppose...) here is a little trivia...

Can anyone name the goaltender drafted by the Kings, that was supposed to be a great goalie in the NHL (according to a very bad prediction of one of the greatest goalies of all-time) and believe it or not, played only one game in goal for the Kings and it was also his one and only game in the NHL. Poor guy...

fukufuji?

edit: NM he played in 4 games.

kingsfansince1967

Oct 23, 2006
Montreal
fukufuji?

edit: NM he played in 4 games.

No. Paul Pageau. He was Team Canada's goaltender at the 1980 Olympic Games (year of the Miracle on Ice), was signed by LAK as a free agent and played in only one game where the SC Champions NYI scored 8 goals. It was Tretiak who predicted a great career for Pageau...

Captain Mittens*

It was actually a samurai mask that he wore and ditched quickly after getting lit up.

53133271.jpg

We quickly realized it wasn't his masks or pads holding him back...

Lol I forgot about that one. So it's happened to two masks. Where I'd Chad Rawn when you need him?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad