Who would be the best match up in the first series?

Vamos Rafa

Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California
If the Blues win tonight and we win on Saturday in regulation, we get STL with home ice advantage. This is what I prefer.

EDIT: STL would have to lose to Chicago (in any fashion). But yeah, they are the matchup we want, with our without home ice.

takk

Feb 19, 2013
Warszawa
There is no favorable match up, no not even the Blues. Kings had to come back from 3 goal deficit one time and score a late goal another to sweep them in the season, I don't know if they're serious but it worries me when people suggest a Blues series wouldn't last more than 4 or 5.

Schneider is the most fearsome thing about Van, but Kings didn't have much trouble with a .944 Smitty. That .944 is a close second to Quick's all-time cup run record. If that 2012 Coyotes team played a 7 game series with this Canucks current my money would be on Coyotes.

It's a matter of Kings showing up regardless of the opponent. They have the same coach and core, so that shouldn't be much difficult. They've been there before, they know what it's gonna take.

Axl Rhoadz

Binky distributor
Apr 5, 2011
The only opponent I fear is San Jose....ESPECIALLY if they have home ice. They've had our number for some time now, and would be going in with plenty of confidence. VAN and STL will be thinking about the ass-beating they got last year.

Sydor25

LA Kings
St. Louis would be my pick, but the Kings could lose to any of the three in a seven game series. The Kings think they can just flip a switch and I just don't see it this season.

I sure hope I'm wrong. A first round loss isn't the end of the world, the Kings are still young and have players ready to push for jobs in camp.

Omni Owl

No fun, only 1-3-1
Mar 9, 2008
Surprised you guys want to play St. Louis instead of Vancouver in the poll. Though I guess playing the Nucks is out of the question now. I don't really want any part of the Blues this year, they've really improved...

HYORI 1963

Grit & Character
Jan 20, 2009
Orange County CA
Improved St Louis is the last team I want to face. Great defensive team with a lot of big bodies much like our team scares me the most. Regular season records don't mean squat.

Last edited:

MynameisKing

Sep 29, 2010
GB
If the Kings lose on Saturday and the Wild win their last 2 games, Kings will face the Ducks... I WANT THE DUCKS!

Nope, The Kings own the tiebreaker against Minny.

Nobody is a good matchup considering how the Kings have been playing. But if there has to be someone then I guess it'll be St. Louis though they are a way different team then the team we played last time.

MxH0CKEY

Aug 27, 2008
Planet Earth
Nope, The Kings own the tiebreaker against Minny.

Nobody is a good matchup considering how the Kings have been playing. But if there has to be someone then I guess it'll be St. Louis though they are a way different team then the team we played last time.

Ah, did not realize..

KingKopitar11*

I really dont feel confident versing anyone with the way we are playing. Not being negative but I'm pretty scared.

tigermask48

Maniacal Laugh
Mar 10, 2004
R'Lyeh, Antarctica
I really dont feel confident versing anyone with the way we are playing. Not being negative but I'm pretty scared.

Meh, same thing happened last year losing the last two games to the Sharks. Look how that turned out. The Kings just don't play well when the games don't matter. The past two years the Kings clinched a playoff spot and then proceeded to mail in the rest of the games and finished as low as they possibly could.

cyclones22

Apr 4, 2003
Eastvale
I'll be curious to see if the Kings can continue their home ice dominance Saturday night. At this point, it looks like the Blues or Canucks. If tomorrow's game somehow goes into a shootout, I doubt the Kings win it. I think the Blackhawks will mail it in tomorrow versus the Blues. Either way, it's going to be a rematch from last year's playoffs.

Axl Rhoadz

Binky distributor
Apr 5, 2011
Meh, same thing happened last year losing the last two games to the Sharks. Look how that turned out. The Kings just don't play well when the games don't matter. The past two years the Kings clinched a playoff spot and then proceeded to mail in the rest of the games and finished as low as they possibly could.

Yep, two years ago, the KINGS had the opportunity to take the 4th seed, and instead lost the final two games to the Ducks to drop down to the 7th seed.

TonySCV

Golden
Mar 2, 2004
Los Angeles, CA
I think it's out of our control and wee'd all be better off pretending it's still Earth Day and picking up a random piece of trash on the ground that some one is trying to poison Mother Nature with

The Kings actually have quite a bit of control over who their opponent is thanks to owning tiebreakers with both teams:

Regulation loss = 80% likely Vancouver
Regulation or OT/SO win = 85% likely St. Louis
OTL/SOL = likely San Jose (60%); Possibly Vancouver (40%); No chance at St. Louis.

Mail it in if you want Vancouver (fine with me - also could mean a date with St. Louis in round 2 if the Kings beat Vancouver. I'll take Deja Vu with a successful track record for $500, Alex.)
Win if you want St. Louis (fine with me)
Lose in OT/SO if you want San Jose (do not want)

Last edited:

HockeyGuy73

Oct 29, 2010
Tad south of STL.
Hey guys...Blues fan here. I am hoping for a first round match up with you guys. I dont think either team would walk away with it. I just love watching our two teams go at it. As I have been saying, if you want to be the best, you have to beat the best, and until someone else raises the Cup, its you guys. Good luck tomorrow night.

Butch 19

Go cart Mozart
May 12, 2006
Geographical Oddity
I can't handle another SJ series. If they lose and I have to hear **** from all my friends who are Sharks fans about how they've beaten us twice in the playoffs, I'd kill one of them. Pretty sure I'm not even kidding. I would go insane. So flip a coin between the two chums we beat last year.

??? :laugh: who cares what your idiot friends say re the sharks / Kings?

You have the Stanley Cup card which trumps ANYTHING any sharks fan can say.

What's the problem here?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad