Who would be the best match up in the first series?

Captain Mittens*

I think it's out of our control and wee'd all be better off pretending it's still Earth Day and picking up a random piece of trash on the ground that some one is trying to poison Mother Nature with

LAKings88

First round fodder
Dec 4, 2006
here or there
I think it's out of our control and wee'd all be better off pretending it's still Earth Day and picking up a random piece of trash on the ground that some one is trying to poison Mother Nature with

Granted, but for the sake of discussion who do you think would be a preferable match up? Who would be the most difficult?

Shellz

May 6, 2009
California
Most difficult would be San Jose.. but, I don't have a preferred match up. I'd almost like to play SJ just because of a couple seasons back...plus, they're both California teams. They do scare me the most though.

The Butcher

Mammoth Mooseknuckles Hockey
Sponsor
Mar 6, 2011
Mammoth Lakes
We seem to have problems with sj and chicago lately.

I think we are a better team than the ducks but weird stuff always happens when we play them.

I'd probably prefer st louis or minny if I could take my pick.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
I think the Kings will step up to play and elevate their game, no matter who the opponent may be. The playoffs is a different beast and I think the team has the personnel that is capable of taking their game to that next level. Maybe it's confidence from what we witnessed last season, but I think having a championship team breeds that type of attitude. Bring it on *****es!

LAKings88

First round fodder
Dec 4, 2006
here or there
I think the Kings will step up to play and elevate their game, no matter who the opponent may be. The playoffs is a different beast and I think the team has the personnel that is capable of taking their game to that next level. Maybe it's confidence from what we witnessed last season, but I think having a championship team breeds that type of attitude. Bring it on *****es!

I'm along the same lines, Vancouver scares me the most tho. We wouldn't be catching them in the same fashion as last season.

Omni Owl

No fun, only 1-3-1
Mar 9, 2008
No easy matchups. Wouldn't really want to play St. Lou because their D has improved significantly and they're playing well and can score nicely. Sharks seem to play us well (Burns has been a force). That leaves the 'Nucks, who I think are thirsty for revenge on us from last year. Lets hope the team pulls their heads out of the giant collective ass....

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
I want San Jose, but it isn't very likely. The loser on Saturday gets Vancouver and the winner gets St. Louis.

If St. Louis only wins one of their remaining two games the winner of Saturday's game will open at home.

If it comes down to St. Louis or Vancouver, I prefer St. Louis. Schneider can get hot, and the Kings don't need that. Elliott has not played well against the Kings.

Ollie Weeks

the sea does not dream of you
Feb 28, 2008
I don't want Vancouver, and its entirely because of Cory Schneider. I don't understand him and I don't like him.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
I'm personally happy we probably aren't going to to see SJ in round 1. Not only are they a bad matchup style wise, but listening to Hahn and Remenda on national broadcasts would be a terrible thing.

Hoping it's STL, we matchup well with them and for selfish reasons since I could see a Kings playoff game.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
I don't want Vancouver, and its entirely because of Cory Schneider. I don't understand him and I don't like him.

Meh, they got to Mike Smith last year, and he looked impenetrable in the first two rounds against Chicago and Nashville. So long as they put bodies in front of Schneider and make his life hell, the Kings can beat him (and any goalie for that matter).

Last year the Kings went through Luongo/Schneider, Elliott, Smith, and Brodeur. I think if you look at each of those individuals' numbers during last year's regular season, they were in the upper echelon of goalies in the league.

tsanuri

Jun 27, 2012
Central Coast CA
If the Kings team plays to the potential we know they have, I don't care who they face or where they face them. If the team that has been showing up for the past two weeks shows up that is great one night and bad the next. We need home ice and would like to see STL to warm us up.

CNS

A World Alone
May 24, 2008
I can't handle another SJ series. If they lose and I have to hear **** from all my friends who are Sharks fans about how they've beaten us twice in the playoffs, I'd kill one of them. Pretty sure I'm not even kidding. I would go insane. So flip a coin between the two chums we beat last year.

Stanley Cup 2012

Jun 12, 2012
North of L.A.
I voted St Louis. Kings swept them last year in the playoffs and swept them in the regular season this year. We have there number. I wouldn't mind San Jose having home Ice advantage. Chicago is the only team that scares me in the west and they will probably get knocked out by somebody just because they have the Presidents trophy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad