Who Wore it Best? #4, #5, #6

Status
Not open for further replies.

member 116861

Blake, Gusarov, and EJ.

Feel dirty for voting against T-Boobs and JML.

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City
Both 4's helped win cups but I couldnt vote against Krupp

And of course Goose
That was the best D core, because look at those names.

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
Barrie, Gusarov, EJ

I wanted to go with Blake but who wore it best to me is for with the Avs and as much as I loved Blake with the Avs, I still mainly think of him as a King

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
Blake or Liles was the hard one this time. But I do remember being much more excited when Blake was on the ice during his short time with the Avs than I ever was with Liles.

AVS1819

Apr 4, 2002
Calgary
Visit site
#4 was a tough choice but seeing Uwe score the goal to win my favorite team their first Cup was a moment I will never forget. I can still remember the bar and the table I was sitting at watching that...

Tweaky

Solid #2
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2009
Singapore/Thailand
I understand the cup winning goal vote for Krupp, but to rationalize Blake as a rental is pushing it. He played a ton more games for the franchise than Krupp or Barrie (yet).
Games/points as an Av:
Barrie...186/104(0.56) and counting,
Blake....322/208(0.65)
Krupp...188/78(0.41) (including the year in Quebec)
Liles.....523/275(0.53)

A case can be made for any of them, but for me it comes down to the best player at the position, at the time they played for the Avs, with strong consideration for a cup winner. That is Blake. Plus, no other defender the Avs have ever had could lower the boom along the boards like Blake.

Bone Breaker

Apr 2, 2015
Tokyo
I think you nominated Boughner so can you make a case for why you did?

just my personal bias. obviously he was a shade of his former self when he played his last days in the Avs, but I was always a big fan of him. made me happy see him playing for this club. (would have loved if Laus and Mclaren played for the Avs too...) well, I like most of the guys that play on the edge, especially big hitting D-mans. don`t care too much about their mistakes with the puck. rofl

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Can we close these down after we move on to a new set of numbers? In a week the entire Avs board is just going to be this series of polls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad