Who Wore it Best? #39, #40, #41

Status
Not open for further replies.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Twelfth in a series of polls to determine who wore each sweater number "best" in Avalanche history. Best is open to interpretation and debate, have at it!

Nominations for each number and poll results for #1-#38 can be found in THIS thread.

Please only one vote per number.

THANK YOU for your participation!

Puckstop40

Aug 23, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
Ville, Tanguay, and Anderson. I know Anderson sucked in 2011 but he was lights out in 2010 and was the only reason we made it to the playoffs. Although, that puck poise has me rethinking my vote...

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
Ville, Tangs, Skoula

Galiardi I thought would be part of a great 3rd line for years, but it was not meant to be.

While I wasnt a fan of Skoula, he always seemed to show just enough to tease with potential.

Last edited:

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Really tough at 39. Galiardi had one really good season for us then bounced around the 4th line and press box, never finding the same form from that year and his huge playoff series again. Ville had back-to-back double digit goal scoring seasons, both years playing less than 55 games. Had some injuries and was very hot and cold, but is also a Stanley Cup champion with us and played a key part in the '01 playoffs with 10 points and 2 of his 4 goals being game-winners. Almost went with Arnason for the lulz factor, but ultimately I have to stab my friend in the back and go with Ville over TJ.

At 40, loved Svatos like crazy but Tanguay has been an incredible Av. 5 20+ goal seasons, 4 times over 25 goals. 50 assists three different times. Massive game 7 in the '01 Cup finals. 466 points as a member of the Colorado Avalanche.

Puck Pose at 41. Andy had one great season for us, but Skoula put in 5 years for us, won a Cup on our 3rd pairing and actually played some massive minutes in those playoffs due to injuries. Took a lot of crap from our fanbase, but Marty was a quiet, solid contributor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad