Who Wore it Best? #25, #26, #27

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tweaky

Solid #2
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2009
Singapore/Thailand
Are we ever going to see an Avs 26 and not think of Stastny?

I will always think of the guy that won 2 cups in an Avs #26 jersey :). It took me a long time to get used to thinking of Stastny as #26, and now when I watch archived games on GCL, it is a toss up again already. Yelle may not have had nearly as many points in that jersey, but he had a ton more effect. A defensive center of his caliber is hugely important. We never won a cup without him.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I don't think the Avs are scared of taking a centre if he's the best player available.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
I remember Yelle very very well. He was an awesome player. But in just as many games Paul Stastny scored about 4 times as many points. That's pretty substantial.

It's a tough choice for Yelle vs. Stastny. For me Stastny's stats were always inflated because he was on a bad team. Yelle's stats probably were deflated because of Sakic/Forsberg.

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
I love Yelle as much as anyone, but Stastny gave the Avs relevancy and some positive hope in the transitional dark years. He made quite a few players look better than they were, and gave the team a likeable face/voice during quite a few unlikeable times.

While times are different now with social media and all, the impact of Stastny was pretty clear from the reaction of his peers when it was official he signed in St. Louis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad