Who Wore it Best? #1, #2, #3

Status
Not open for further replies.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
First in a series of polls to determine who wore each sweater number "best" in Avalanche history. In the end I will make a list of each sweater number worn in Avalanche history with the named best player attached. Best is open to interpretation and debate, have at it!

Nominations and poll results for each number can be found in THIS thread. Those numbers with only one nomination have been finalized. Each poll will cover three numbers and will run for 2-3 days. Please make your selection for each number and thanks for participating!

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Sad irony that Skratsins was a shot blocking machine that couldn't seem to get injured. Then he dies in a stupid plane crash.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Sad irony that Skratsins was a shot blocking machine that couldn't seem to get injured. Then he dies in a stupid plane crash.

I didn't want to bring this whole thing up but now that you mention it, I had a similar thought today about him breaking the Iron Man record.

DRL

Mar 2, 2003
Brampton, Ontario
Got to go with the classics. Aebi won a cup and actually won a Rd in the playoffs. Varly needs to do that with the avs first. Lefevbre is a no brainer. And miller had some great playoffs for us.

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
Got to go with the classics. Aebi won a cup and actually won a Rd in the playoffs. Varly needs to do that with the avs first. Lefevbre is a no brainer. And miller had some great playoffs for us.

Aebischer played 1 minute during that Cup run. I could have done that.

Tweaky

Solid #2
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2009
Singapore/Thailand
That one minute is still more than Varly has had in a successful cup run. But I will conceed that there is compelling argument either way on that one.

The one that confuses me is Skratins/Miller. As an Av, Miller had more games, more points, better +/-, a cup, and was a key piece in the trade that led to the second cup. Scratch was good, and an iron man, and maybe had the better career, but as an Av, Miller hands down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad