• Kings fan saying Los Angeles

• Leafs fan saying Toronto

• Neutral fan saying even

• Kings/Leafs fan saying even

Results are only viewable after voting.

hizzoner

Sponsor
Jun 19, 2006
Short term a Toronto win. But 2 good prospects, a first for year and a half of Muzzin at 4 mil is a darn good haul for LA. Leafs did not help their cap with this but they are all in for this year I guess!

Mike Hasselhoffman

Bell Centre Baywatch
Sep 17, 2011
Pretty even trade, both teams got what they needed. Leafs add a much needed top-4 defensemen to play with Rielly who will really stabilize that blueline. Kings add a nice prospect in Grundstrom, Durzi has potential, and a 1st rounder is always good to have. IMO Leafs are the “winners” in the short term as Muzzin will really help them down the stretch and into the playoffs, but LA did well for themselves.

XXIV97

Jun 2, 2016
Toronto obviously won the trade because Muzzin can help them right now and is under contract until the end of next season.
Couldn't the same thing be said for Los Angeles? They are rebuilding a team that has a slim chance to make the playoffs this season and next. In order to maximize the return of Muzzin, they traded at this year's deadline to acquire more young assets.

Both teams made a fair trade. No winner, and no losers.

XXIV97

Jun 2, 2016
I know on this site every ok prospect and draft pick is valued way more than they are in the real world, but aside from the views here, the leafs got him for a very, very cheap price.
The last time the Leafs traded a first round pick it turned out to be Sam Steel. I think before that is was Seguin and Hamilton.

The Leafs have been getting burned trading the first round pick, like the Oilers (Barzal)

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
seems good for both teams right now. LA adds 3 decent futures which should net something, the Leafs add a top pairing dman without losing Liljegren or Sandin

CowbellConray

Sep 8, 2010
Durzi won't play in the NHL - gets hurt and is losing development years. Grundstrom is likely a 20-20 guy in the NHL ala Alex Killorn

The late first nets a decent prospect this year

I think it's an even deal

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
The last time the Leafs traded a first round pick it turned out to be Sam Steel. I think before that is was Seguin and Hamilton.

The Leafs have been getting burned trading the first round pick, like the Oilers (Barzal)
Sure, depending on scouting and luck, the late first can even be a Pastrnak. But more often then not, late firsts don’t end up living up to the value they carry as just the draft pick itself.

Reactions: DriveFor9th

XXIV97

Jun 2, 2016
Sure, depending on scouting and luck, the late first can even be a Pastrnak. But more often then not, late firsts don’t end up living up to the value they carry as just the draft pick itself.
If the Leafs win the cup, it won't matter who the Kings select with the pick.

Reactions: koyvoo

bukwas

Stanley Cup 2022
Sep 27, 2017
Nobody can be defined as a winner or loser at this point, we'll find out in the future.

613Leafer

May 26, 2008
I'd say very slight edge to LA.

I would have valued Muzzin at the 1st and one of those prospects, not both. Hopefully the Leafs can re-sign Muzzin, because that's a pretty big factor too.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Fair price. 1st and a couple of B prospects for a 2/3 d-man with 1.25 years of term. A price Toronto was correctly very willing to pay. Vastly improves their ability to deal with the Bergeron line.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Leafs fan saying even.

Leafs got something they need to help now. Kings got something they need to help later.

Win/win imo.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad