Who wins the Art Ross?

Art Ross winner?

• Total voters

KidLine93

May 15, 2012
Rantanen has a big gap and his line seems to get points even when the rest of the team plays abysmal. The last 2 seasons McDavid went on a tear the 2nd half of the season so theres always a chance. But that Avs top line doesn't look like its going to slow down any time soon. Kucherov has been hot and has linemates who look to be on their game as well so he could easily slide into the top spot as well. It's a good race this year.

Leaning Rantanen based on his current gap

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
Have to go with Rantanen if Hitchcock is coach. I bet McDavid would've won the Art Ross but Oilers miss playoffs if Todd was still coach. With Hitchcock Oilers make the playoffs but McDavid miss on the Art Ross.

talitintti

Oct 13, 2018
Nine points is a laughably small difference in 51 games. To put it in perspective, if McDavid outproduces Rantanen by nine points in 51 games, it's the same pace as outproducing him by 14 points in 82 games - and that would surprise anyone?

Reactions: pikkuvaimo

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
A trigger man will be added to the McDavid-Drai duo and Oilers PP unit to catapult McDavid points total

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003
9 points for Mcdavid is not much to make up. As much as i enjoy watching him play I highly doubt that Rantanen can keep up a 1.7 ppg over the whole season.

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
I just read someone posting here that at this time last year McDavid was 20 points back of the lead. Now he's 9. It's still McDavid's to lose.

If OV would be trailing the goal lead by 9 at this point I'd probably say he's going to win the Rocket nevertheless.

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet
I just read someone posting here that at this time last year McDavid was 20 points back of the lead. Now he's 9. It's still McDavid's to lose.

Basically this. Last year Kucherov spent half the season scoring like prime Lemieux and that still wasn't enough despite McDavid playing for an awful team with an awful power play.

9 points in 50 games is nothing to him.

Reactions: Plural

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad