Votes: 1 3.6%
  • San Francisco 49ers

Votes: 24 85.7%
  • Seattle Seahawks

Votes: 3 10.7%

• Total voters

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Seattle should be right there with them, but I think SF can win 1 or more of the tougher games vs. Cincy, Bal, Phi, Dal, etc. Expect SEA to split this year vs SF.

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
I'll go with Seattle due to the Shanahan QB curse, they will go like 7-2 or 7-3 with Purdy then fall apart when Darnold, and others have to play the other 7-8 games

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
9ers if their QB situation pans out.

As much as I love Geno Smith, I don't feel certain he can repeat last year's performance.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
9ers if their QB situation pans out.

As much as I love Geno Smith, I don't feel certain he can repeat last year's performance.
I have more confidence in Geno but SF has the higher quality starters on the DL which gives them the edge as well as the playcalling. Unless Sea OC is a bit more creative in formations that they can run multiple plays out of.

But, I do like Seattle’s depth over SF. If Seattle can split with SF then it will come down to those key matches vs the same teams to see who ends up on top.

I do feel with SF’s higher end talent that they should fare better vs the tough teams than Seattle will.

Reactions: Rodgerwilco

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
49ers, but I'm always afraid of Seattle. I do think for the first time in what feels like a Decade, the NFC West isn't going to be a tough division because of the Rams and Cards. What happened there?

Last edited:

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
49ers, but I'm always afraid of Seattle. I do think for the first time in what feels like a Decade, the NFC West isn't going to be a tough conference because of the Rams and Cards. What happened there?
Rams debt for mortgaging their picks has come due. AZ, look at their top picks. Murray out with an acl. Simmons a top 10 pick dealt for a 7th. Zaven Collins, 2022 1sr dealt for Hollywood Brown.

Not much talent left and you saw their report card from the PA last season. Low marks in most areas which are completely manageable by a quality owner but that’s not Bidwell’s style.

Reactions: SJSharksfan39

sigma six

Doesn't need stick tape
Aug 2, 2005
Cascadia
It's SF's division to lose this year, but if they have their customary difficulties staying healthy Seattle may overtake them at season's end.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
It's SF's division to lose this year, but if they have their customary difficulties staying healthy Seattle may overtake them at season's end.
Edge for SF is their front 7 & offensive play calling.

But really, comes down first to the head to head. SF swept Seattle last season but while Russ was the Seattle QB in 10 years and 1 PO game his record vs SF was like 17-4 as Seattle QB. Even removing the Kelly and Tomsula 3 years and 6 wins that’s still 11-4 vs Harbaigh and Shanahan.

After that the only difference in schedule is the 1st vs 2nd place matchups.

SF gets Minny, while Sea gets Det. Both are good solid opponents.
SF gets a rebuilding TB while Sea gets Carolina, also rebuilding.
SF gets Jax with Lawrence at QB while Sea gets Ten and who knows Ten’s record at that point on Cmas eve and whether they then opt to play Willis or Levis.

Only main difference is the Jax vs Ten. Unless Ten surprises a bit and is still hanging with Jax for the division or a WC.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad