Who Wins Hypothetical "Sudden Death" 1995 Stanley Cup Final Pittsburgh vs. Chicago

Zegras Zebra

May 7, 2016
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Last night I watched the Jean Claude Van Damme movie "Sudden Death" which plot revolves around game 7 of the fictitious 1995 Stanley Cup Final between the hometown Pittsburgh Penguins and the Chicago Blackhawks. Of course this wasn't the real Stanley Cup Final that year, but what if it was? Who do you think would win game 7 (assuming the game isn't abandoned due to a guy falling through the scoreboard and a helicopter crashing and exploding on the ice)?

In real life the 1994-95 Penguins finished the lockout shortened 48 game season with 61 points finishing third in the Eastern Conference and lost to that season's Stanley Cup champion New Jersey Devils 4-1 in the second round. The 1994-95 Blackhawks finished with 53 points finishing fourth in the Western Conference and lost to the heavily favored Red Wings 4-1 in the Western Conference Final.

I would take Pittsburgh because they would be at home, and had a better offence that season.

tony d

New poll series coming from me on June 3
Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Think Pittsburgh would win. What would that do for Jagr's legacy though? Remember Lemieux didn't play that yr. It was Jagr's team, would have been good for him to show he could do it as the guy.

TheGoldenJet

Apr 2, 2008
Coquitlam, BC
I’d pick Chicago, they had a very stellar defence and were tough to score on in general.

Also, the Hawks had a huge advantage eith Ed Belfour in net.

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
I always assumed that even though it was made in 95, it was simply set during the 92 Finals Chicago-Pittsburgh but maybe I wasn't paying close enough attention.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad