Votes: 126 65.6%
  • Vancouver

Votes: 66 34.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
I just visited Vancouver for the first time a week ago and it was a nice city so I'm pulling for them but they looked so bad this game lol

I think Oilers have adjusted a bit to their game too
Canucks just didnt have the same energy or played with the same intensity when they are in Edmonton. They play a lot different at home

Reactions: Angry Little Elf

Chips

Aug 19, 2015
Recency bias says Edmonton, but I’ll vote Vancouver because I’m hoping for the most chaotic outcome

Everybody kinda expects the oilers to go deep, and pre season nobody outside of Vancouver thought that team would be particularly good, let alone as good as they’ve been.

If would be kinda funny if they win in the grand scheme lol.

What’s both teams season record against Dallas? However this series plays out I expect Dallas in the final

Yorkshire Leaf

Nov 13, 2014
The City of York
Anyone who doesn't think McDavid and Draisaitl are playoff performers either doesn't watch hockey or is a troll. Full stop.
You are right, they are great play off performers any way you look at it but it is still fair to point out (often when Oilers fans are crowing about having the two best players in the world) that thus far that it hasn’t translated into the play off success their play deserves, obviously this is down to some factors outside their control but still it is valid to point it out. Other great play off performers have done so and won the cup.

I know subtly and nuance aren't in great supply on HFBoards but it can both be true that they are great play off players but they probably should have been able to translate it into a cup or at least a SCF.

Reactions: Satire

The Pale King

Go easy on those Mango Giapanes brother...
Sep 24, 2011
Zeballos
I think whichever team wins this series is going to absolutely roll over the Stars.
I hope you're right, I would love to see a Canadian team win the Cup again but I have the exact opposite impression. I think the Stars are looking extremely dangerous and balanced right now whereas both of the teams in this series have identifiable and exploitable flaws.

Duder54

Dec 11, 2017
Canadian ex-pat in Zurich, Switzerland
You are right, they are great play off performers any way you look at it but it is still fair to point out (often when Oilers fans are crowing about having the two best players in the world) that thus far that it hasn’t translated into the play off success their play deserves, obviously this is down to some factors outside their control but still it is valid to point it out. Other great play off performers have done so and won the cup.

I know subtly and nuance aren't in great supply on HFBoards but it can both be true that they are great play off players but they probably should have been able to translate it into a cup or at least a SCF.
It's almost as if hockey were a team sport, eh? To put any blame at all on the shoulders of a couple of players due to the inability of management to address team needs year-after-year is, frankly, a ludicrous take.

Yorkshire Leaf

Nov 13, 2014
The City of York
It's almost as if hockey were a team sport, eh? To put any blame at all on the shoulders of a couple of players due to the inability of management to address team needs year-after-year is, frankly, a ludicrous take.
Exactly, that why focusing on individual players statistics is a futile exercise, there are so many variables that make up a team. Conversely you can't exclude those two players from the failings of the team, they are part of the team that has failed (believe me Leafs fans know about failure), they are also partly culpable, you cannot exonerate them completely and some blame must lie with them.

I agree the management failure is the key component but there have been numerous changes of management and supporting cast around them and nothing seems to change. Perhaps this year.

GrkFlyersFan

Jul 30, 2011
South Jersey
I thought Edmonton would win in a short series. I still think Edmonton ends up winning. But this series has proven that what Vancouver did in the regular season was real. They won the Pacific for a reason, and not just because Edmonton got off to a slow start.

Reactions: Angry Little Elf

Petey But Really Jim

SMD
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
Oilers fan living in Vancouver here. I just paid $733 for a lower bowl ticket here. Fingers crossed for an Oilers win and a night that doesn't end with me being punched out. 🤪

if edmonton wins i guess i can be a tiny bit happy for you specifically cause you're like in it in it

Satire

Nov 20, 2016
Canucks going to come out with the best effort of the series for sure. The Vancouver barn is something else too... I'm not going to bother voting because it's honestly a coin flip, but my heart wants the Oilers to win.

I agree with many of the posters. Either team is going to have a rough ride against Dallas.

Reactions: Duder54

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Well, I think Oilers have been better in 5 games and Canucks in 1, so assuming the goalie difference isn't massive, my money would be on Oilers.

Filatov2Kovalev2Bonk

Effortless sexy.
Jul 13, 2006
Cumberland
Going with Vancouver b/c I really want a 1994 rematch between NYR and VCR.
That said...Edmonton is crazy powerful so this could get out of hand real quick. Canucks get in quick please.

thegazelle

Nov 11, 2019
I pick Edmonton, not only because I am an Oilers fan, but because Vancouver has not been able to dominate Edmonton in any game. Edmonton, however, was able to dominate Vancouver in last night's game and expose some weakeness/shortcomings and capitalize on mistakes.

That said, I think more pressure will be on Edmonton as the favourites going into the series, despite the Canucks regular season record.

On the flip side, the "advantage" part of home ice advantage cannot be discounted. Playing in a familiar rink in front of perhaps one of the best playoff crowds this playoffs (I'd say Dallas and Vancouver have the best and most engaged crowds in-arena this playoffs) - teams can and do derive energy from their crowds. Also, on a silly level, the alternating wins in this series would naturally have a Canucks win, to keep the pattern going. Hardly scientific though.

Regardless of the outcome, there is nothing sweeter than a game 7 between two Canadian teams in the playoffs

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
We have a discussion thread…..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad