Who Will Write the First Decent Book on the Inside Happenings of the Lockout?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WVP

Mar 22, 2004
Any book on the lockout would go right up there with 'The Feminine Mystique' on my 'Do Not Read' list.

craig1

Nov 1, 2002
Pittsburgh, PA
Visit site
FLYLine4LIFE said:
Eklund will, he will put all sort of magical things in the fantasy. I have mine preordered.

He said decent book....

Eklund finished his novel on it 6 months ago.....He even has the ending written.

....Problem is, The Enquirer doesn't have enough space to fit it all.

Canucks5551

Jun 1, 2005
Probably one of the union reps who retires and doesn't continue with a different job in the nhl.

Pepper

Aug 30, 2004
I voted Eklund, then I noticed the word 'decent'... :shakehead

My guess is one of the more respected journos, meaning somebody else than Brooks or Garrioch.

mooseOAK*

WVpens said:
Any book on the lockout would go right up there with 'The Feminine Mystique' on my 'Do Not Read' list.
Exactly, why the hell would we want to re-live this?

Egil

Mar 6, 2002
Visit site
My guess is Bob.

The only "decent" book is going to come from someone directly involved in the process. That person is also going to need to be no longer employed by the NHL or NHLPA. And the first casualty of this will be Bob Goodenow, therefor, he will write the first good book.

SENSible1*

Egil said:
My guess is Bob.

The only "decent" book is going to come from someone directly involved in the process. That person is also going to need to be no longer employed by the NHL or NHLPA. And the first casualty of this will be Bob Goodenow, therefor, he will write the first good book.

It will be interesting to get his perspective and to see how critical he is of his tactics in this collosal failure. I'd be shocked if he takes even a tiny portion of the blame.

19nazzy

Jul 14, 2003
Egil said:
My guess is Bob.

Exactly what I was thinking

Sorry! The administrator has specified that users can only post one message every 60 seconds.

Chili

En boca cerrada no entran moscas
Jun 10, 2004
Shakespeare - A comedy of errors (the sequel)

A Good Flying Bird*

handtrick said:
Who do you think will write the first decent book on the inside scoop on the lockout?

It won't matter once a deal is signed. We'll all be watching hockey. And I don't think I'll be in the mood to rehash the entire thing (until, perhaps, the next CBA negotiation.

Timmy

Feb 2, 2005
Egil said:
My guess is Bob.

Ordinarily I would agree, but I think Bob and the publisher will take at least two years to work out a royalty structure which, if linked to number of books sold, could be a dealbreaker.

Bob will push the deadline, but then Linden will have written one in the offseason, and the publisher will run with it, sending Bob home with his manuscript.

He'll change it to a TV script, sell it to CTV for one years' worth of Tim Horton's coffee, and call it a day.

After that, he'll go back to his roots, representing air traffic controllers in the the U.S.

nyrmessier011

Feb 9, 2005
Charlotte/NYC
better question is who will be the first one on HF to make the thread stating that it's finally over...my money is on my fellow NYR mate flyline4life.

Montrealer

What, me worry?
Dec 12, 2002
Chambly QC
There's no way this book could be decent...

Chapter One - A detailed explanation of the NHL CBA 1995-2004
Chapter Two - A synopsis of NHL-NHLPA meetings 2001-2004
Chapter Three - Storm rising - 2003-04 Season
Chapter Four - An examination of Bob Goodenow's phone records Summer 2004
Chapter Five - An examination of Gary Bettman's lunch receipts Summer 2004
Chapter Six - Darkness Falls - 2004-05 Season Postponed
Chapter Seven - The months of nothingness explained

Yeech.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events