World Cup: Who will win the World Cup 2022 (pre-tournament prediction)

Who will win the WorldCup?

• Argentina

Votes: 17 34.0%
  • Brazil

Votes: 10 20.0%
  • France

Votes: 4 8.0%
  • England

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Spain

Votes: 2 4.0%
  • Portugal

• Germany

• Belgium

• Netherlands

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Denmark

Votes: 3 6.0%
  • USA

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Canada

Votes: 4 8.0%
  • Croatia

• Morocco

• Japan

• other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
I know we have threads about who will go through from which group and bracket challenges, which includes guessing the eventual winner, but I wanted to make a poll about just predicting who the ultimate trophy winner will be.

Last time out as group on this board, we managed to correctly pick France for the title. This time around the predictions might be a bit more spread out, as there are a bunch of nations with close enough chances to go all the way.

Likes of Argentina, Brazil and France all have their backers, with some other nations not far behind.

Personally, I chose Argentina because of sentimental reasons for Messi, but also because they certainly should be one of the better teams with a good chance to win it all.

I have chosen to close the poll after the 1st round of group matches, so nobody will be out of the competition by then. But some pre-tournament favourites might suffer in the poll if they lose their first group stage match.

member 305909

I don't hope so but I think Brazil.

Having said that it is time for a non-European country to win and only two such countries have realistic chances.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach

GettyImages-1052345544.0.0.jpg

Reactions: al secord

BMann

May 18, 2006
Watford
Similar brasil in copa… don’t gear them as long as tite in charge

Despite losing Lo Celso Enzo may be a superior replacement.

Defensively you can have Ota and Cuti with Licha or Guido infront. de Paul and Enzo roving around and then two forwards pressing like mad. Lautaro, Angel Correa and Alvarez especially late on in games given the conditions could provide that killer turnover as well as defensive solidity.

Scaloneta has many permutations in midfield and upfront and the chance to minimize exertions in the group stages. This time di Maria will be kept fit for the KO stages. Had he been fit in 2014 along with Kun the result would have been completely different.

1966 when the referee ignored a clear save from a German player on the line and then dismissed two Uruguayans from the all conquering Penarol. Farcical refereeing which has not been forgotten. Not to mention the sending off of Rattin by the little idiot Kreitlein for nothing at all. And Brazil being kicked all over the park in the group stages without consequence for the perpetrators.

No wonder CONMEBOL were appalled and had Rous removed in favour of Havelange.

Reactions: N o o d l e s

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Brasil for me is the best team from top to bottom in all three positions, they're my favourites.

Spain and Germany look very top-heavy in certain areas and really weak in others, which should prevent them from going far. I also have issues with France as well, especially on the back end and in goal. Moreover, I think some of their best players are too young and should have some growing pains like in that midfield.

Not sure if Argentina has the depth, I don't see how they can beat Brasil if they face each other 1v1 somewhere in this competition. Belgium is my dark horse, they have all the pieces to make a good push.

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
I picked Argentina. Brazil is my 2nd favorite. I think the Europeans will mostly look like crap. The whole tournament just seems tailormade for a Latin American win.

I also think a non-South American/European team i.e. an African/Asian/CONCACAF team will make a run deep into the tournament (semi?)

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Brasil for me is the best team from top to bottom in all three positions, they're my favourites.

Spain and Germany look very top-heavy in certain areas and really weak in others, which should prevent them from going far. I also have issues with France as well, especially on the back end and in goal. Moreover, I think some of their best players are too young and should have some growing pains like in that midfield.

Not sure if Argentina has the depth, I don't see how they can beat Brasil if they face each other 1v1 somewhere in this competition. Belgium is my dark horse, they have all the pieces to make a good push.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Despite losing Lo Celso Enzo may be a superior replacement.

Defensively you can have Ota and Cuti with Licha or Guido infront. de Paul and Enzo roving around and then two forwards pressing like mad. Lautaro, Angel Correa and Alvarez especially late on in games given the conditions could provide that killer turnover as well as defensive solidity.

Scaloneta has many permutations in midfield and upfront and the chance to minimize exertions in the group stages. This time di Maria will be kept fit for the KO stages. Had he been fit in 2014 along with Kun the result would have been completely different.
I wish Enzo is the replacement but it looks like its Alexis. Also barring some sort of surprise Paredes is the DM. I agree with the rest but the game against the UAE got me a bit scared now how Scaloni intends to use ADM now that Nico the only natural LW is gone. The rumours are ADM starts against Saudi. I think the way he used in copa was brilliant and one of the reasons why they won but if ADM starts every game you know he will get hurt later on.

personally it should

Alvarez-Lautaro-Messi
Enzo-RDP
Paredes
Acuna-Otamendi-Cuti-Molina
Emi

with ADM coming on as a super sub. but from all reports and the UAE game they'll line up like this most likely

--------Lautaro-ADM

------------Messi

----------Alexis---RDP

------------Paredes

------Acuna-Ota-Cuti-Molina

----------------Emi

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad