Who will win the Stanley Cup?

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
Hawks all the way. I expect a slow start, but a hungry team come playoff time. The Kings get to deal with the hangover this year. I think the West comes down to the Hawks, Blues and Ducks this year.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Heh... Thinking that we'll win this poll...

But hey, I'll got two steps further.

We'll beat the Ducks in the WCF and then the Habs in the SCF.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
Heh... Thinking that we'll win this poll...

But hey, I'll got two steps further.

We'll beat the Ducks in the WCF and then the Habs in the SCF.

Could do another poll with only two choices, Hawks or the field.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
To win the Cup you have to be both good and lucky and also be relatively injury-free....
Hawks have the talent to be good...but the lucky or unlucky bounces are in the hands of the hockey gods...Hawks cannot be as banged-up as last WC Finals against L.A.this time around if they even get that far. A key factor probably will be avoiding playing STL in rounds 1 or 2 of playoffs because usually teams advancing after beating STL in a series are advancing too beat up from a physical war of attrition...so luck not to face them might be the most important element for advancing or not and having enough health remaining to compete well enough to win the Cup Final.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
I find it amusing most of Sportsnet people are picking Kings or Hawks to win cup on NHL network for some reason

I agree LA and Hawks are on another tier but it is a bit amusing

I believe Bruins were only team to get a vote not named Hawks/Kings

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
I obviously went with the Hawks, because well you have to do that. But I'll go with either the Hawks or Kings. I wouldn't be surprised to see a team like the Ducks, Blues, or really almost any team in the West make a run, but ultimately I think the Kings or Hawks come out of the West and win it.

Elvis P

You ain't nothin but a hound dog
Dec 10, 2007
Graceland
I think the Ducks and Sharks will soften up the Kings for us to beat them in the CF. I'll pick us over the Bs in the SCF, but it will be very close in the East, especially with Boychuk gone.

Bring Back GLR

Commit to the Indian
Nov 8, 2006
Blackhawkville
I think the Ducks and Sharks will soften up the Kings for us to beat them in the CF. I'll pick us over the Bs in the SCF, but it will be very close in the East, especially with Boychuk gone.

I think that's what we all thought would happen going into the hawks kings conference final this year.

The sharks forced the kings to win 4 straight and the ducks and kings went to 7 games then by the time we knew it the hawks were down 3-1. That kings team is a beast but I think the Hawks will win the cup this year. Having the Wild, Blues and Avs in the division is not easy as they are all gunning for us especially the Wild.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
A few reasons we'll be better then we were last season, thus making us champions again:

1. Richards>Handzus, and if Richards falters, it'll be easier to replace his presence on the PP then Zus' presence on the PK.

2. Which brings me to my next point, TT. He'll be ready to go by the playoffs, and if any of our forwards falter (like Richards and Versteeg last year), Teuvo can replace them and pick up the slack.

3.More depth: most of our players look healthier than before, and we shouldn't have a problem rolling four lines this time.

4. Some of the players on this roster must be thinking their time with the team is limited (due to cap issues next season), so I think our roster will push themselves harder.

5. We wont have 10 players in the Olympics, nor will opposing teams give us all they can handle just so they can lay claim to beating the champs (LA will have to deal with the opposing teams giving it their all for 82 games this year).

6. No longer complacent and cocky due to us being the defending champs.

We were a bounce a way from repeating and we have all this going for us; my money is on the hawks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad