NCAA: Who will win the SEC? ((5) Georgia Bulldogs vs (1) Alabama Crimson Tide)

SEC

• Arkansas

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Auburn Tigers

• Florida

• Kentucky

• LSU

• Mississippi State

• Ole Miss

• South Carolina

• Tennessee

• Texas A&M

• Vanderbilt

• Total voters

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
Alabama has an easy schedule and Saban always rigs it before the LSU and Auburn games. If the SEC would stop with the lie that every team could make a bowl game youd have 9 conference games and none of these midseason cupcake FCS games.

The hardest Alabama road game isnt even a road game.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
LSU isn't very good and Auburn beat Alabama last year so that shoots your dumb theory down.

Georgia will win the conference.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
Georgia lost a lot of talent from last year, but Kirby has been a recruiting machine so it'll be interesting to see how fast he can replace the talent that left.

I guess you could say the same about Alabama, but that's basically every year for them. I'll give them the slight edge for now especially if Hurts rides the bench like he should.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
LSU isn't very good and Auburn beat Alabama last year so that shoots your dumb theory down.

Georgia will win the conference.

The game was on the road at Auburn. Only thing that leveled the playing field. The game also theoretically didnt matter because the loser still had a shot, especially if it was Bama.

Still doesnt change that hes a p***y in the schedule deparrment. Wont play out of conference road games. I dont count Penn State. In todays game Alabama should never lose to Penn State

Gene Parmesan

Jul 23, 2009
California
The game was on the road at Auburn. Only thing that leveled the playing field. The game also theoretically didnt matter because the loser still had a shot, especially if it was Bama.

Still doesnt change that hes a ***** in the schedule deparrment. Wont play out of conference road games. I dont count Penn State. In todays game Alabama should never lose to Penn State

Alabama and the SEC aren't the only teams that do this.

Gene Parmesan

Jul 23, 2009
California
Georgia lost a lot of talent from last year, but Kirby has been a recruiting machine so it'll be interesting to see how fast he can replace the talent that left.

I guess you could say the same about Alabama, but that's basically every year for them. I'll give them the slight edge for now especially if Hurts rides the bench like he should.

Alabama lost their entire secondary.

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006

Other than Smith, Georgia is replacing a lot of experience with better talents. The experience means something, sure, but I'll take the talent more times than not. Even Swift and Z. White vs. Chubb and Michel is not a clear drop off in talent.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
Other than Smith, Georgia is replacing a lot of experience with better talents. The experience means something, sure, but I'll take the talent more times than not. Even Swift and Z. White vs. Chubb and Michel is not a clear drop off in talent.
Yes, lots of hype on some of the guys replacing the guys who left but I don't really think you can say they're better talents until they actually prove it though. At least IMO.

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
Yes, lots of hype on some of the guys replacing the guys who left but I don't really think you can say they're better talents until they actually prove it though. At least IMO.
At the very least, you can say that they're not going backwards on talent, and in the secondary, it's a clear talent upgrade. UGA's secondary was the worst position group on the roster last year.

Gene Parmesan

Jul 23, 2009
California
New coach is a really sharp offensive mind, senior QB, good running game and more than a couple NFL'ers on defense.

Still a new coach and new system. The defense will be fine because it is one of the more talented units in the conference but it'll take time. The West is going to be down. Alabama and Auburn are the clear favorites. LSU, Ole Miss and State are 6-8 win teams, Arkansas is rebuilding and Texas A&M is a complete wild card under Jimbo.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad