Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Brandon Montour

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Other

Votes: 11 5.1%

• Total voters

cneely

Jan 6, 2005
Karlsson, Makar, Lindholm, Fox, Morrissey for me right now.

Hard to argue Karlsson's impact on the game with his point pace. Plus he's killing it for my fantasy team.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
If Karlsson sustains something like this scoring pace, i think he takes the trophy home. Voters love a good "story", and his resurgence offers them a juicy narrative to go with.

Realistically, i'm not convinced he'll be able to sustain this all year though, and the Sharks as a team aren't going to be relevant as a playoff contender, so it'd have to be on Karlsson individually to stand out and shine.

So it's probably just Makar as the obvious "default" answer. Lindholm might get some attention and may even be a nominee as a novelty playing in a higher profile market now...But i doubt he puts together the point totals to win what amounts to the "scoring title for defencemen" trophy these days.

cneely

Jan 6, 2005
Lindholm might get some attention and may even be a nominee as a novelty playing in a higher profile market now...But i doubt he puts together the point totals to win what amounts to the "scoring title for defencemen" trophy these days.
I think he might have if McAvoy didn't come back. There is only so much PP time to go around and McAvoy is going to get his share.

Speaking of whom, Charlie is an absolute beast, and on pace for 91 points himself (albeit through a small 9 game sample size). I just don't think he's going to be able to do enough to close the gap that will open when you miss 15 games.

Reactions: biturbo19

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Makar will win it by years end IMO but EK has been outstanding so far.

Fox is a beast too.

Seider of to a slower start but I could see him pushing into Makar territory sooner than later.

He will not win it or be nominated but, based on this season, hronek has had a tremendous start. Lot of people not seeing it yet based on his rep but he's finally not on a basement team and doing very well for himself.

Not one mention of Nurse... Weird.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
I think he might have if McAvoy didn't come back. There is only so much PP time to go around and McAvoy is going to get his share.

Speaking of whom, Charlie is an absolute beast, and on pace for 91 points himself (albeit through a small 9 game sample size). I just don't think he's going to be able to do enough to close the gap that will open when you miss 15 games.

Yeah. I think that's also a factor in Lindholm's chances in general. There's a clear path to sort of "vote splitting" between him and McAvoy. Both probably deserve consideration there, but it forces a bit of a ballot choice. Are you putting two Bruins on there? Which guy is higher? etc. Whereas with others in the race...they're the clear option for that team.

jetsv2

Jan 13, 2013
Josh Morrissey has a real shot at it this year, 25 points in 21 games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad