• Brandon Montour

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Other

Votes: 11 5.1%

• Total voters

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
I think it’ll end up being Makar again. He’s just so good and I’m betting will lead all dmen in points in the end for one of the best teams in the league. If Karlsson can keep his play/production up and stay healthy, he could, but I’m not sure he can.

Favin

Jun 24, 2015
Toronto
Voted for Dahlin...felt like he would be undervoted here. And yup, its just me.

(if I am wagering, its Makar over Karlsson and Fox)

QJL

Jan 2, 2014
I think Adam Fox wins.

Karlsson will slow down offensively and is a major liability defensively.

Makar has not been himself but he’s starting to turn it around. He’s obviously talented enough to win, but he needs to be more consistent.

Right now Fox is dominating at both ends of the ice and has taken his game to another level. He’s been the best overall defenseman so far and I think he finishes with 90-100 points.

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
Makar is my guess. Team likely makes the playoffs and the PP is one of the best in the league.

Also has the reputation now.

Could also be Fox.

Ben White

Dec 28, 2015
I think Adam Fox wins.

Makar has not been himself but he’s starting to turn it around. He’s obviously talented enough to win, but he needs to be more consistent.

Right now Fox is dominating at both ends of the ice and has taken his game to another level. He’s been the best overall defenseman so far and I think he finishes with 90-100 points.

Just watched the Sharks vs Sens game and Karlsson was so dominant offensively it’s not even funny. He’s not really putting in the effort defensively all the time but who could blame him. This season is more or less lost for the Sharks anyway and EK is playing his best hockey by far in 5 years. He might as well have fun with it, pad some stats and go for some more individual hardware to boost his legacy. With the upside of possibly getting traded to a contender this year, instead of hustling the s*** out of his body risking injuries.

Last edited:

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
I think Adam Fox wins.

Yes and I'm sure your post history all over the Rangers board has no impact on that view point...

:laugh:

QJL

Jan 2, 2014
Yes and I'm sure your post history all over the Rangers board has no impact on that view point...

:laugh:

That was absolutely not my viewpoint last season, nor was it my opinion the year Fox won. You can scrape my history if you’d like.

QJL

Jan 2, 2014
Just watched the Sharks vs Sens game and Karlsson was so dominant offensively it’s not even funny. He’s not really putting in the effort defensively all the time but who could blame him. This season is more of less lost for the Sharks anyway and EK is playing his best hockey by far in 5 years. He might as well have fun with it, pad some stats and go for some more individual hardware to boost his legacy. With the upside of possibly getting traded to a contender this year, instead of hustling the s*** out of his body risking injuries.
Who could blame him? You. Me. The Sharks. Norris Voters.

He’s not going to win the Norris if he doesn’t play defense and it’s as noticeable as it’s been. There’s no way he’s going to have enough of a point spread on the young guns Makar and Fox who battle every night on both ends. Voters are not idiots.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
Glad you added more options to voting then your initial list OP.

I voted Makar, the safest/most likely bet.

I could actually see Josi as a dark horse though. If he has a good enough season, some voters may feel bad he didn't win last year and give him votes. He had a slow start, but has played better since. Not sure it'll be good enough though.

For Karlsson...I don't know. I think Makar is so good, even in a best case scenario for EK, I can't imagine Karlsson outproduces Makar, and if he does, just by "a bit". Makar would still be better defensively, and not play on a team whose missing playoffs, which helps him.

Makar has been so consistent so far in his career, with no off-years, so hard not to expect him to dominate again.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
I think it’ll end up being Makar again. He’s just so good and I’m betting will lead all dmen in points in the end for one of the best teams in the league. If Karlsson can keep his play/production up and stay healthy, he could, but I’m not sure he can.

This is how I looked at it as well.

Also for the guys voting McAvoy he missed 13 games he simply won't be able to win given the field and frankly will have a hard time even being top 5 in the end and I love him as a player.

Reactions: wintersej

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
This is how I looked at it as well.

Also for the guys voting McAvoy he missed 13 games he simply won't be able to win given the field and frankly will have a hard time even being top 5 in the end and I love him as a player.

It’s like Makar vs Fox when Fox won even if Makar was a smidge better…and McAvoy would be going against way more competition than Makar was…including Makar!

Ben White

Dec 28, 2015
From what I’ve seen Karlsson’s played a lot better than Makar this season. Last night among a few other nights he’s players like a top 2 player in the league impacting the game in a way only McDavid is capable of, aside from the fact that his stats are ridiculous for a Dman.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad