NFL: Who will win the NFC Norris?

Who will win the NFC Norris?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
Chris Berman liked to call the NFC North the “NFC Norris“ back when Chicago, Detroit and Minnesota were all in the NHL Norris Division. One of Berman’s many nicknames.
They never overlapped, Norris ended 9 years before the NFL realignment.

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
Packers.

Love is ready and well, he's obviously the most competent QB of the QBs in that division, by virtue of the other teams' incompetence at that position.
What has been done to make Love "obviously more competent" than a seasoned vet like Cousins? Or even Goff...

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
What has been done to make Love "obviously more competent" than a seasoned vet like Cousins? Or even Goff...
The many times Cousins has flaked out?

I've watched Kirk Cousins more than you ever have, being a Washington fan. Love does things, even with little tape, Kirk hasn't done consistently throughout Kirk's career.

Rodgerwilco

Feb 6, 2014
The many times Cousins has flaked out?

I've watched Kirk Cousins more than you ever have, being a Washington fan. Love does things, even with little tape, Kirk hasn't done consistently throughout Kirk's career.
Love (one career start) has not done anything in real NFL action that has proven he's "more competent" than Cousins (137 Career Starts) or Goff (100 Career Starts).

This isn't to say Love won't do well in the future, but to say a guy with 1 singular start in his entire career is "Obviously more competent" than seasoned accomplished veterans is just kinda silly.

All we've really seen from Love is training camp and preseason at this point.

Reactions: DaaaaB's and LT

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
Love (one career start) has not done anything in real NFL action that has proven he's "more competent" than Cousins (137 Career Starts) or Goff (100 Career Starts).

This isn't to say Love won't do well in the future, but to say a guy with 1 singular start in his entire career is "Obviously more competent" than seasoned accomplished veterans is just kinda silly.

All we've really seen from Love is training camp and preseason at this point.
Did you read the question? It's who will be, not who is at the current moment.

The evidence shows he can read defenses, make throws, and be decisive.

Thus, it's fair to forecast by season's end that he will be the top quarterback of the NFC North.

Future predictions never can be certain, but probabilities can be assigned.

So, stop the strawmanning. You're not one-upping anyone here because that's not what the question was.

Rodgerwilco

Feb 6, 2014
Did you read the question? It's who will be, not who is at the current moment.

The evidence shows he can read defenses, make throws, and be decisive.

Thus, it's fair to forecast by season's end that he will be the top quarterback of the NFC North.

Future predictions never can be certain, but probabilities can be assigned.

So, stop the strawmanning. You're not one-upping anyone here because that's not what the question was.
I'm not "straw manning" or trying to one up anyone. I was simply responding to the idea that Love is "obviously the most competent" out of Fields, Cousins, Goff, and himself.

Love certainly has shown promise in preseason, but I just don't think a preseason tape and potential is enough to say that he's already better than any of the other QB's in the NFC North and is obviously going to lead the Packers to win the division before he's even been a starter.

Vegeta

God Dammit Nappa
May 2, 2009
Capsule Corp.
It's Detroit. Anyone that followed them closely could tell you they turned a corner in the second half last year. They had a much better point differential than the Vikings last year as well, who skirted by on a totally unsustainable 11 wins in one score games last year. The Vikes not what people think they are.

Meanwhile the Lions have won 9 of their last 11 games, with quite a few of those being in convincing fashion now, excluding this KC win, but then again, any win against KC in Arrowhead is a blessing for anyone.

Goff by the way, is a good quarterback now. He has been good for Detroit for most of his tenure there. People just don't accept it because of the end of his Rams tenure that saw him become a meme.

Reactions: DaaaaB's

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
1694174313855.png

63firebird

Apr 6, 2018
They never overlapped, Norris ended 9 years before the NFL realignment.
Berman was referencing the fact that the Norris division in those days was really poor bottom feeders. So it wasn’t just the fact that Detroit, Chicago and Minnesota were in the division but that the division was weak.

Vikes fan here(masochist)
Cousins and JJ will put up great numbers and some good highlight film but the lions seem to have more resolve.

63firebird

Apr 6, 2018
It's Detroit. Anyone that followed them closely could tell you they turned a corner in the second half last year. They had a much better point differential than the Vikings last year as well, who skirted by on a totally unsustainable 11 wins in one score games last year. The Vikes not what people think they are.

Meanwhile the Lions have won 9 of their last 11 games, with quite a few of those being in convincing fashion now, excluding this KC win, but then again, any win against KC in Arrowhead is a blessing for anyone.

Goff by the way, is a good quarterback now. He has been good for Detroit for most of his tenure there. People just don't accept it because of the end of his Rams tenure that saw him become a meme.
People in reality know the Vikes have never ever won a statement game in 45 years.

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
I'm not "straw manning" or trying to one up anyone. I was simply responding to the idea that Love is "obviously the most competent" out of Fields, Cousins, Goff, and himself.

Love certainly has shown promise in preseason, but I just don't think a preseason tape and potential is enough to say that he's already better than any of the other QB's in the NFC North and is obviously going to lead the Packers to win the division before he's even been a starter.
This is a thread that literally calls for speculation, just like the NFL Draft itself.

Oh, and I shouldn't say I told you so, but I told you so. 3 TDs.

Nah, they'll crash and burn eventually. Goff just happens to have Mahomes' number but he's mortal against everyone else. If the Egyptian God card Amon-Ra gets hurt, they're not looking so hot.

• Haha
Reactions: Rodgerwilco

Vegeta

God Dammit Nappa
May 2, 2009
Capsule Corp.
This is a thread that literally calls for speculation, just like the NFL Draft itself.

Oh, and I shouldn't say I told you so, but I told you so. 3 TDs.

Nah, they'll crash and burn eventually. Goff just happens to have Mahomes' number but he's mortal against everyone else. If the Egyptian God card Amon-Ra gets hurt, they're not looking so hot.
If it is not the Lions, then yes, it's the Pack, as much as I hate to say that.

The Vikings probably should have been a 8-9 win team last year, and their roster has gotten worse.

Pack and Lions seem to have improved their rosters quite a bit.

The only thing is I think Love has to be leaned on more for GB than Goff does for Detroit. I think Detroit has the better roster all around, outside of QB.

If Love is the real dral though, it will be a battle all year.

Last edited:

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
If it is not the Lions, then yes, it's the Pack, as much as I hate to say that.

The Vikings probably should have been a 8-9 win team last year, and their roster has gotten worse.

Pack and Lions seem to have improved their rosters quite a bit.

The only thing is I think Love has to be leaned on more for GB than Goff does for Detroit. I think Detroit has the better roster all around, outside of QB.

If Love is the real dral though, it will be a battle all year.
When the going gets tough, it's usually the QB that makes or breaks the team come playoff time.

Goff has difficulty making reads. Love looks like a Rodgers clone in the making(his first start is better than Favre's or Rodgers' 1st start statistically).

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Didn't watch, but the Packers sucked for 3 quarters and change but Love made some elite throws to help steal the game.
Det vs GB on TNF. Like detroit in this early matchup. Leaders of thr North.l so vital to hold serve at home. See if The LT returns for GB.

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
GB is kind of a surprise thus far. Love still has alot to prove though. Not sure if three games is enough to determine if he has the tools (arm strength, accuracy, mobility, IQ etc) to be a decent NFL QB.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad