Who will win the NFC Norris?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
Detroit. I still wonder about the defense and think they have a defined ceiling with Goff at QB, but that should still be one of the best offenses in the league. Minnesota was ludicrously lucky last year, and I think Green Bay will be better this year than what the consensus seems to be, but I don't like their chances more than Detroit.

QB - Kirk.

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
Detroit. I still wonder about the defense and think they have a defined ceiling with Goff at QB, but that should still be one of the best offenses in the league. Minnesota was ludicrously lucky last year, and I think Green Bay will be better this year than what the consensus seems to be, but I don't like their chances more than Detroit.

QB - Kirk.
I've found that the Vikings rarely meet expectations for me in the regular season. They usually perform either way better or way worse than I expect.

I've given up trying to predict Vikings football. This pattern must give their fans heart attacks.

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
Packers.

Love is ready and well, he's obviously the most competent QB of the QBs in that division, by virtue of the other teams' incompetence at that position.
I understand the spirit of your post but I don't know that competent is the correct word. Goff and Kirk are nothing if not competent, but not much more than that (particularly in Goff's case). If you want to bet on the upside of Love, I get it, but I wouldn't be so sure Love will be any better than Kirk or Goff this year. And I say that as someone who is increasingly talking myself into the Packers being a threat to win this division.

Last edited:

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
I understand the spirit of your post but I don't know that competent is the correct word. Goff and Kirk are nothing if not competent, but not much more than that (particularly in Goff's case). If you want to bet on the upside of Love, I get it, but I wouldn't be so sure Love will be any better than Kirk or Goff this year. And I say that as someone who is increasingly talking myself into the Packers being a threat to win this division.
The question uses future tense. Every year, some team that sucked last year surprises people because people mis-value the "unknown" the same as "proven failure"; this extends to NHL defense prospects as well. Love does not look lost anymore, unlike his very first outing and looks like the game is not too much for his.

Goff is an utterly annoying QB to watch, showing flashes of talent, but is more consistently dull and predictable. Fields could develop as well, but he was really raw last season and Love has had more time.

Cousins is Cousins. I've remembered his signature from his Washington days. He will post good number, be reasonably productive, maybe show very good to elite features for half the games, but you always had the sense he was leaving plays on the table and of course, his night games are an utter disaster.

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
The question uses future tense. Every year, some team that sucked last year surprises people because people mis-value the "unknown" the same as "proven failure"; this extends to NHL defense prospects as well. Love does not look lost anymore, unlike his very first outing and looks like the game is not too much for his.

Goff is an utterly annoying QB to watch, showing flashes of talent, but is more consistently dull and predictable. Fields could develop as well, but he was really raw last season and Love has had more time.

Cousins is Cousins. I've remembered his signature from his Washington days. He will post good number, be reasonably productive, maybe show very good to elite features for half the games, but you always had the sense he was leaving plays on the table and of course, his night games are an utter disaster.
I think we largely agree. My only point really was that Goff and Kirk are competent, even though I (like you, it seems) don't think they are guys you can win with unless you have an absolutely stacked roster around them. Probably semantics more than anything.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I'm gonna be a homer and say the Packers.

They are young on offense but they have more weapons in that offense than they've had since Jennings left. Might not be this year they fully gel, but it's coming.

The defense actually looks good.. they have a defensive front capable of generating pressure. Gary is back, Enagbare is taking a massive leap.

Safety and Special Teams are my concern. But until the Lions and Bears actually do something...

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
Detroit is my sleeper pick to make the playoffs and even the divisional round.

Are we confusing our NFL and NHL terms here? NFC Norris? Typo?

• Haha
Reactions: SnS

buffalowing88

Aug 11, 2008
Charlotte, NC
Fields is getting an obscene amount of hype right now and I'm not sold on him entirely yet but Chicago has done an excellent job in a relatively short rebuild. The new front office there is lightyears ahead.

Still, I'm expecting Minnesota to win the division and then crap out in the first round. They weren't as good as their record last year but they're still a 10-7, 11-6 team.

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
I think we largely agree. My only point really was that Goff and Kirk are competent, even though I (like you, it seems) don't think they are guys you can win with unless you have an absolutely stacked roster around them. Probably semantics more than anything.
I see Love looking comfortable and able to make elite throws out there. There will be growing pains, but the ceiling is high for him.

Kirk, I've seen him too much in Washington. Had some highs, but those lows were real lows too. I think part of its mental. So bad to the point Aikman let it out of a broadcast that Kirk appeared "tightly wound". But at this point of his career, he is what he is.

Goff, he makes me puke watching him for 90% of the snaps, but boom his talent flashes for the other 10%. Weird thing for me, is that I like his stance....LOL.

Kurt Warner likes what he sees.

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
Detroit is my sleeper pick to make the playoffs and even the divisional round.

Are we confusing our NFL and NHL terms here? NFC Norris? Typo?

Chris Berman liked to call the NFC North the “NFC Norris“ back when Chicago, Detroit and Minnesota were all in the NHL Norris Division. One of Berman’s many nicknames.

Reactions: BSHH

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad