Who Will Win the Jack Adams Award?

Goose

Apr 18, 2006
Tocchet is favored by Vegas and Brunette has done a great job in Nashville, but I can’t quite get over how dramatic of a change Edmonton underwent after Knoblauch came in.

Oilers were 3-10, it was utter doom and gloom in Edmonton, then Knoblauch steps in as a first-time NHL head coach and sees massive, immediate improvements, including a 16-game winning streak.

Feels like comparing apples and oranges with the situation these guys were given, not sure how you really determine who deserves it “most.”

It feels like Tocchet has a lot of institutional pull in the NHL in terms of being liked and respected, so combined with the Canucks great season after missing the playoffs last year, I’d guess he takes it home.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
I would be fine with Edmonton's coach winning to be honest.

Everyone had completely written off Edmonton early in the year - it's one of the most spectacular in-season turnarounds of all-time, certainly in recent memory.

I know people talk a lot about St Louis going from last place to cup in 2019 - which is obviously great too. But even then, St Louis was usually only 2 or 3 games below 500. Edmonton was 7 games below 500 around US Thanksgiving already.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
It's John Tortorella, hands down.

He took a team that was 26th last year, and went all the way up to 21st. The Flyers are crafting a "5 places better" banner right now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad