Who will win the Calder this season?

Jaska

Oct 1, 2017
Helsinki, Finland
I think it's one of the two Swedes. I'm looking forward to Finland-Sweden matches in few years time, lot's of good players in those teams!

ClarkBolzano

Oct 12, 2018
He is as impressive, it's much harder to succeed as a rookie defenseman in the NHL at age 18!
Pettersson is a forward at age 19.

They are on par imo, but i believe the Calder usually goes to the offensive guy most of the time.
Dahlin has a case though, and will get some votes.
Pettersson is actually 20, did almost all season as 20 year old.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
What a shame heiskyboy isn't good enough to play powerplay yet

There's very few players in the NHL that could knock Klingberg off the top powerplay unit. Heiskanen should be up there though considering Klingberg has kinda sucked this season at times, but reputation will always win there. It's better and more impressive that Heiskanen produces more at 5v5 though. Powerplay is the easy part to work on, and the Stars powerplay in general needs work this season. No one has been good on it on that 1st unit, and we don't have the depth for a legit 2nd unit.

Not to mention his top defensive competitor for the Calder doesn't even play on the PK and gets wayy more PP time than Miro

Last edited:

POVERTY

Leafs and Marchand fan
Sep 27, 2017
I think Binnington should be a top 2 finish, only getting beat out by Pettersson. Sure the sample isn't huge, but a smaller sample also shows it only took him fewer games to hit his pretty respectable win total. When Binnington made his first start, STL was bottom 5 in the league.

Binnington
26 GS - 21W, 4L, 1OTL, 1.80 GAA, 0.930 SV%

Bishop (who I believe is a lock for 2nd place in Vezina)
43 GS - 26W, 15L, 2OTL, 2.05 GAA, 0.932SV%

SuperScript29

Nov 17, 2017
I think this is a lot closer than people think. Pettersson is having a good season, but he did cool off a bit. Dahlin is a year younger and has hit the 40+ point mark as a dman. He may steal a lot of those votes. I still have Pettersson winning it for now, but who knows how others see it.

Reactions: daddyohsix

Syan Ruter

Snusmumriken
Nov 8, 2012
I truly believe Dahlin should win. I truly believe Petterson will win. The two other viable candidates are Heiskanen and Binnington, with a clear case for Binnington, but let's face it, for a goalie to knock Petterson off the top spot is near impossible.

J T Money

Biggest Bozo
Jan 21, 2016
Dark horse would be Athony Cirelli. He's been an abolsute beast for Tampa and is a huge reason why our PK is top 2 in the league. Tons of short handed and clutch goals from him.

Still think it's Peterson's though.

Reactions: ultra63

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
Brady Tkachuk is flying under the radar if he's not even showing up on people's top 5 lists. He's 2nd in points among rookies despite missing time to injury and he has as many even strength goals as Pettersson, but with significantly less ice time. Not to mention the "extracurriculars" he brings to the table.

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
I remember when people said Klingberg lost to Ekblad because he only played 65 games because he started the year in the AHL for 10 games.

30 game Binnington just isn't enough games -- and the dude is 25.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad