Who will win more Art Ross trophies in the next 4 years. McDavid or the field

More Ross Trophies

• Total voters

filinski77

Feb 12, 2017
Too hard to tell. McDavid is 2/4 in the last 4 years, but there are so many other great candidates that could sneak one every year (Mackinnon, Drai, Pastrnak). The thing that makes McDavid so amazing is how he is in the running every year.

Voted 2

Reactions: slapKing

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
I voted for McDavid. Over the past 4 years he’s won 2.

These next 4 years will very likely be the best years of his career. This year if he had stayed healthy he would have been in a neck and neck race with Draisaitl and that’s with him doing a very extensive recovery over the summer. Last year he wasn’t far behind Kucherov especially if you pace out the 4 games he missed. It was extremely impressive that it was as close as it was considering McDavid was on a non-playoff teams and Kucherov was on the stacked Tampa squad that won 62 games.

Even if Draisaitl, Kucherov, Pasta or Mackinnon have a massive year, it very well could still fall short of McDavid’s production. I don’t know who else would be a threat to outscore him considering he looks like a lock for a 120 points.

If he stays healthy all 4 seasons I think he takes home 3 of those art rosses. Considering injuries will likely happen at some point, 2 seems pretty realistic.

Muggs

Oct 29, 2016
This will be #3 for McDavid, so scratch one off the list. If he stays healthy I think he'll be # 2 behind Gretzky.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
He lost fair and square to peak Kucherov + Drai past 2 years. So it's hard to say.

Kucherov looked insane 2 years ago. Even last year, after a slow start, he was back to pacing the Edmonton duo in the second half. Then led league in playoff points, and is off this year. So we haven't really yet had a chance to see Kucherov "come down" from his peak form yet outside of a slow start to last season. I want to see if he goes back to that 128 point form next year or not, but if he does he can absolutely rival McDavid for the Ross

Then there's Drai. He outproduced McDavid last year, all year long. Even this season, for a long time he was close till McDavid distanced himself. So I'm curious to see if Drai is able to outdo McDavid again, in a fair race. I think there's a chance we see it again.

Mack is great. Panarin has been producing at a very high clip. Matthews has a great core in Toronto, will score a ton of points. Eichel has to peak some day. And within 4 years, who knows what someone like Lafreniere might even do.

I voted the field. I could see it being 2 and 2 though. I'd be extremely impressed if he wins 3, let alone 4. He could though - certainly talented enough to do so

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
He lost fair and square to peak Kucherov + Drai past 2 years. So it's hard to say.

Kucherov looked insane 2 years ago. Even last year, after a slow start, he was back to pacing the Edmonton duo in the second half. Then led league in playoff points, and is off this year. So we haven't really yet had a chance to see Kucherov "come down" from his peak form yet outside of a slow start to last season. I want to see if he goes back to that 128 point form next year or not, but if he does he can absolutely rival McDavid for the Ross

Then there's Drai. He outproduced McDavid last year, all year long. Even this season, for a long time he was close till McDavid distanced himself. So I'm curious to see if Drai is able to outdo McDavid again, in a fair race. I think there's a chance we see it again.

Mack is great. Panarin has been producing at a very high clip. Matthews has a great core in Toronto, will score a ton of points. Eichel has to peak some day. And within 4 years, who knows what someone like Lafreniere might even do.

I voted the field. I could see it being 2 and 2 though. I'd be extremely impressed if he wins 3, let alone 4. He could though - certainly talented enough to do so

It's a super old poll.

Video Nasty

Mar 12, 2017
With health, McDavid.

He’s been top 2 for 5 consecutive seasons and has essentially locked up his 3rd Art Ross.

He’s winning at least 3 of the next 4. Again, assuming health.

KidLine93

May 15, 2012
If hes healthy its his, his slumps are strong paces for other stars. Plus he has the ability to go on absolute tears if he does get off to a slow start. But an injury can hit at any time and theres always one guy in the field who has all the stars aligning to put up a massive season. Hes 1/1 since the poll was made. Id be surprised if he didnt win another 1 in the next 3 years

Zamknij kurwa ryj

Feb 22, 2021
The only other players that have a chance of snatching it from him if everything goes right for them and there are extenuating circumstances that hamper him are Draisaitl, MacKinnon, Kucherov and perhaps Panarin.

Connor McConnor

Nov 22, 2017
You always take the field. ALWAYS. Unless you are talking about Prime Gretzky in Art Rosses and Ovi when it comes down to Richards

Or Tom Brady :)

But yeah, as much as I agree with you, The Moose was spot on for me. This is the best I've ever seen Connor and he'll be even better next year. 50-60 goals with 130pts likely incoming. Only thing that limits him from getting 3/4 is injuries and I don't want to put a jinx on him so I'll assume injuries don't play a factor here

Last edited:
Reactions: The Moose is Loose

BudBundy

May 16, 2005
The only ones that can stop him are MacKinnon and Draisaitl. Or if Matthews learns how to pass. Panarin just isn’t at that level. Kucherov could, if the stars align, but Father Time says the peak is now, rather than tomorrow. If he’s healthy? McDavid 3 of 4 or runs the table.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad