Flemming, Brett|D|23|4|0|1|1|$605,000|
Latta, Michael|C|23|52|14|20|34|$605,000|17|1|3|4
LeBlanc, Peter|C|26|65|12|16|28|$605,000|1|0|0|0
Schilling, Cameron|D|25|70|3|13|16|$874,125|1|0|0|0
Schmidt, Nate|D|22|38|2|11|13|$874,125|29|2|4|6
[/table]

Other Information:
Peter LeBlanc signed with Rögle (Allsvenskan) for 2014-15

" We can still qualify LeBlanc. We'll keep his rights and he won't even take a spot under the 50-contract limit."
And since he wont sign it we have nothing to lose.

Brett Flemming ECHL:52GP 6G 12A 18P

Last edited:

sk84fun_dc

Nov 4, 2004
We can still qualify LeBlanc. We'll keep his rights and he won't even take a spot under the 50-contract limit.

Right and it's possible they will do so; technically counts against the 50 until the offer expires unsigned, but we know that would be the case if the Caps QO him. Only benefit is if he decides to return to NA this season and they have interest in him, because based on his age, he should be UFA next summer as a 27yo. My guess is part of the reason LeBlanc is heading overseas is that he qualifies as an AHL tweener for next season with 262 regular season NHL/AHL GP to date, along with age, 1 NHL GP, money, etc.

Before LeBlanc signed, I would have guessed they'd QO him, now, who knows. Flemming I could argue either way, but he's a young D prospect so my thought was quite possible he receives a QO, wait and see. The other four I expect to receive QOs.

fedfed

@FedFedRMNB
Oct 28, 2010
Moscow City
Right and it's possible they will do so; technically counts against the 50 until the offer expires unsigned, but we know that would be the case if the Caps QO him. Only benefit is if he decides to return to NA this season and they have interest in him, because based on his age, he should be UFA next summer as a 27yo. My guess is part of the reason LeBlanc is heading overseas is that he qualifies as an AHL tweener for next season with 262 regular season NHL/AHL GP to date, along with age, 1 NHL GP, money, etc.

Before LeBlanc signed, I would have guessed they'd QO him, now, who knows. Flemming I could argue either way, but he's a young D prospect so my thought was quite possible he receives a QO, wait and see. The other four I expect to receive QOs.

Good point you brought up about LeBlanc's age. Considering there's a deadline for RFAs to sign to play in the season (December 1), it may actually not make sense to qualify him. I thought he was a year or two younger.

sk84fun_dc

Nov 4, 2004
Vogel reports Caps QOd Latta, Schmidt, Schilling, and Pasquale.

Deschamps, Flemming and LeBlanc were not qualified.

Rumblick

Nov 23, 2004
I - 78
If anything. Flemming's game has regressed in his three years, so that's no surprise.

LeBlanc was an AHL forward, and he's in the "tweener" category for 2014-15. You're only allowed to dress one in that category (AHL), and Wellman's already under contract for next season, so Pete was expendable.

Nicky Deschamps showed flashes, but he'd also disappear on occasion. Inconsistency is likely why Toronto gave up on him as well.

Happy with the ones they QO'd. I think Latta should have a legit shot at DC this season.

sk84fun_dc

Nov 4, 2004
Deschamps was the one I expected to be QOd but it's not shocking he wasn't. As Tim Leone noted, Deschamps would have been a tweener, too. Of course, you may use two tweener slots and one less vet slot, so that alone doesn't change things, but as Leone noted, likely factored into the decision.

Only vets under NHL or AHL contract right now are Byers & Wellman (tweener,) unless someone is demoted from Washington (e.g., Erskine)

Flemming is buried in terms of prospect D now and July 1 free agency hasn't started, so after doing the contract count and reviewing the list. Haar's AHL contract was one more sign to me that he would not be QOd.

14D: Alzner, Carlson, Erskine, Green, Hillen, Orlov plus Carrick, Djoos, Kundratek, Oleksy, Schilling (QO), Schmidt (QO), Wey plus Haar (AHL contract)

Did not list Bowey since not eligible to play in AHL to start '14-15 season

Would like to hear an update on Wey's healthy, but getting away from the topic of this thread now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad