Speculation: Who will we draft with #4? Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Before numerous Futa quotes, arguments about why smaller is better, taller is better, taller & skill is better, smaller & skill is better, Storme is injured/not injured/ Marner will never grow or gain weight, McDavid biases, Domi Biases, Crouse is a bum:

it doesn't matter who we draft, at 4 because we're going to be getting a great player at 4. period, the end. i think we should just the best potential for skill. Period., and this isn't the only draft we're drafting in.

So we should be happy with whomever

now commence being all at each other :D

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
I think we'll end up drafting Strome. I think Arizona will be tempted by the flashy forwards, but ultimately won't be able to pass up the consensus #3 Hanifin.

Audi*

Nov 22, 2009
I don't think AZ will pass up on Hanifin either.. otherwise you have to take him at #4. But i think they draft marner, being that he has already proven he is willing to learn and improve under the hunter bros once whats to make hunter think he won't do it again

The_Chosen_One

Jul 4, 2006
Melbourne, Australia
I think we'll end up drafting Strome. I think Arizona will be tempted by the flashy forwards, but ultimately won't be able to pass up the consensus #3 Hanifin.
Seems quite plausible. He is a top line playmaker with size and has a top line upside. It'd be difficult to pass him. Let's try nabbing another top ten pick and select Barzal.

socko

Nov 26, 2013
Martinez, GA

This is what I fear will happen. Go for the flashy forwards Arizona, you know you want to.

Rare Jewel

Patience
Jan 11, 2007
Leaf Land
Before numerous Futa quotes, arguments about why smaller is better, taller is better, taller & skill is better, smaller & skill is better, Storme is injured/not injured/ Marner will never grow or gain weight, McDavid biases, Domi Biases, Crouse is a bum:

it doesn't matter who we draft, at 4 because we're going to be getting a great player at 4. period, the end. i think we should just the best potential for skill. Period., and this isn't the only draft we're drafting in.

Only another month and 3 weeks of it though. ;)

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta

Can we just run with this thinking until the draft :laugh:?

We have a ton of amazing options and we'll get a great player at 4. I choose to have full faith that whoever Hunter and company choose will be the best pick we could take at that spot. I don't know who it will be, but I'll choose to be happy about it.

We put ourselves in a good spot that only 3 other teams get a crack before us. And yeah here's hoping we can snag another top 10 pick with all the trades we need to make. It'd be nice to have even more options. Even if that means more arguments :laugh:.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Can we just run with this thinking until the draft :laugh:?

We have a ton of amazing options and we'll get a great player at 4. I choose to have full faith that whoever Hunter and company choose will be the best pick we could take at that spot. I don't know who it will be, but I'll choose to be happy about it.

We put ourselves in a good spot that only 3 other teams get a crack before us. And yeah here's hoping we can snag another top 10 pick with all the trades we need to make. It'd be nice to have even more options. Even if that means more arguments :laugh:.

LOL I think so. I think we've slung mud at almost every superstar in this quest of deciding whom we should get. it is getting beyond nuts. I'd rather be deciding who do we move and what not to get more picks myself, even if we have to live in lalala land to get them

HellasLEAF

'93 to Infinity
Sep 14, 2006
What is the scoop here. Is there truth to the rumor of Strome playing hurt?

Last edited:

LeafalCrusader

Oct 3, 2013
Winnipeg
I'm not sure who I want really. Happy with any of Hanifin Strome or Marner. No clue who's going to be the best one. I have a feeling we pick Strome though. Don't know why. Think Arizona takes Hanifin #3 and it ends up like this

Edmonton:McDavid
Buffalo:Eichel
Arizona:Hanifin
Toronto:Strome
Carolina:Marner

skiffy81

Apr 27, 2015
I read somehwere the Sharks might be looking for a goalie with Niemi hitting the market. It suggested they could dangle their 9th overall pick for someone like Bernier. Would you guys do it?

I think if it's the 9th and a prospect it could be tempting.

Mats13

Apr 22, 2015
I think strome is going to be a lot better than you guys think.

lol... Positive Strome post

Sorry buddy you missed your chance, he's Hfs whipping boy at the moment. Should have seen people after his 6 point season finale, but that is the roller coaster that is Hf.

If Strome comes to play (gets hot) for the OHL finals/Memorial Cup, you'll see a lot of people flocking back to his bandwagon.

Anyway, my preference:

Marner
Hanifin
Strome

but I would be okay with any of them. Marner would just make me more okay with it.

agropop

Mar 3, 2011
Windsor
I read somehwere the Sharks might be looking for a goalie with Niemi hitting the market. It suggested they could dangle their 9th overall pick for someone like Bernier. Would you guys do it?

I think if it's the 9th and a prospect it could be tempting.

Just for the 9th, I'd drive him to the airport.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
LOL I think so. I think we've slung mud at almost every superstar in this quest of deciding whom we should get. it is getting beyond nuts. I'd rather be deciding who do we move and what not to get more picks myself, even if we have to live in lalala land to get them
Yeah, I think at this point I'd be able to believe that this is one of the worst drafts ever and everyone sucks :laugh:.

Luckily can pull oneself out of the negativity for a minute. I'm good with having preferences, but odds are I'd pick the wrong person to want to get so might as well keep an open mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad