"Who will Sweden beat in the final?" -- SVT

Status
Not open for further replies.

ottsens08

Sep 25, 2007
top secret
The American win was in 2004 was Quite the upset,was it not.
In 2005 we cleared up any argument who was the better team.
Even Haley's comet comes every 75 years if you get my drift.
Tell me something what does winning the WJC really means anyway??? If you really want to know which nation is the best there's only one tournament the olympic that's it. And last time I checked sweden won the 06 olympic. So for me sweden is the top hockey nation in the world.

KRM

Jun 9, 2005
Gothenburg
Tell me something what does winning the WJC really means anyway??? If you really want to know which nation is the best there's only one tournament the olympic that's it. And last time I checked sweden won the 06 olympic. So for me sweden is the top hockey nation in the world.

:heart:

ronnyweed

Aug 7, 2008
Ontario
Man who the **** cares? Seems like people never grew past the stage of "my dad can beat up your dad".

How is that any different from: "my country can beat your country at hockey", or "my fave team can beat your fave team"

if your not on the team, then who cares right, you did nothing to help, no different than my dad beating up your dad, either way you on the side just watching.

Everest

Apr 19, 2005

Good for you.

Meanwhile...70% of the hockey universe didn't change their minds based on that outcome.

Canada is still the best.

Russia is 2nd.

The rest of you yutz'es are 3rd.

PTmbp13

Jan 21, 2007
Some people take this tourney waaayy too seriously.:amazed:
Not in Sweden i know for a fact, they barley air it on the telly.:amazed: Some small channel svt24 or something.
But it is intereting that there are some posters here following the old vikings. (But they do got the coolest logo). <- watch my new avatar picture!!!

It is just a tourney yes, but its great hockey( and its fun reading stupid posts...and the good ones of course).

Team Sweden has, last 3 years put some effort to win this tourney though, thats why they are so great now, before they were just participated for show, last year and this year they are trying to win, and has the foundation for it.
So i think Sweden vs Canada in the final. Or Chechs USA perhaps????:handclap:

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
The fact that you went ahead and wrote a list of people you consider funny because I said Canada wasn't the funniest country is pretty pathetic. I don't care what you think in the first place. The Japanese might be the worlds greatest at eating noodles, does anyone care? No.

He showed you proof (proof, I tell you).

P.S. My Dad can beat up your Dad and make him laugh at the same time. (He's Canadian, of course)

Lee Van Cleef*

He showed you proof (proof, I tell you).

P.S. My Dad can beat up your Dad and make him laugh at the same time. (He's Canadian, of course)

Well, my dad can knock up your mom while he's beating up your dad! (He's a good Canadi..., uh, Swedish farm boy, of course)

YogiCanucks

Jan 1, 2007
Vancouver BC
This is a segment Swedish telivision did after seing a poll made in some Canadian media [Slam Sports, thx Systemfel]. The poll was about what team Canada would meet in the final. There was no question about them not being there :)

I think it's pretty funny.

Why is it so funny? Do you expect them not to be there? Like in all honesty, obviously the Semi-final game is no cakewalk and it is going to be a challenge but Do you REALLY no expect them to get there?

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don
Why is it so funny? Do you expect them not to be there? Like in all honesty, obviously the Semi-final game is no cakewalk and it is going to be a challenge but Do you REALLY no expect them to get there?

missed_the_point.jpg

RedLeader

Feb 13, 2008
Swedes have a very painful Salt Lake City memory. A certain qoute from Mats Sundin still imprented in the back of their heads which makes them cringe at taking anything for granted.

Canada will learn also :)

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
Well, my dad can knock up your mom while he's beating up your dad! (He's a good Canadi..., uh, Swedish farm boy, of course)

Oh, I didn't mean your real father. No one can mess with him. Even the toughest guys in his prison keep their distance.

Jerkini

May 31, 2003
Visit site
I guess some have no sense of humor. It was supposed to be a joke

I watched the clip when they first aired it during the Sweden-Russia game because I was too lazy to go in the other room to watch the game on TSN, and I laughed quite a bit!

I was actually quite surprised at how much English was spoken during the intermissions.

NoMessi

Jan 2, 2009
Now we are in the final. Group B with Sweden, Slovakia, Russia, Finland and Latvia has been proven to be the best. Russia, Slovakia and Latvia won against Czech Republic, USA and Germany. It is a 50/50 chance for the trophy now but I think Sweden will take it due to a better goaltender and a better team player for player. The big risk is if Canada can check us to mistakes.

Kiefer

Jun 28, 2004
Sweden
The big risk is if Canada can check us to mistakes.

I will not take for granted that we will meet Canada in the final but if we do .. the big risk is refs. If they can handle the game, we are up for a great game. If they cannot handle the pressure we are in for a easy Canada win.

ronnyweed

Aug 7, 2008
Ontario
I will not take for granted that we will meet Canada in the final but if we do .. the big risk is refs. If they can handle the game, we are up for a great game. If they cannot handle the pressure we are in for a easy Canada win.

wow

Hmm I cannot agree more.... the refs were brutal... I'll leave it at brutal for both teams, they should really use NHL calibure refs, but this has been discussed enough

my point is that your hindsight is unreal

Neil Patrick Harris

Now sponsored by Zoom™
Aug 23, 2008
Ottawa
Good for you.

Meanwhile...70% of the hockey universe didn't change their minds based on that outcome.

Canada is still the best.

Russia is 2nd.

The rest of you yutz'es are 3rd.

Russia was second, I'd say it's between Canada and Sweden for 1st and..... U.S. for third?

Ward Cornell

Dec 22, 2007
Maybe the question should be "If Canada could field 2 teams, where would Sweden finish....Third, Fourth or lower?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad