Sweden
Last edited:

Bloggins

Dec 1, 2005
Sorry, do not speak
swedishchef2.jpg

Le Golie

Jul 4, 2002
Canada has a free ride to the finals. Sweden and US will be a good game. The Swedes will probably win, but it won't be as easy as Canada vs. Czechs, or Russia.

wildone26*

I actually think Canada is now closer to gauranteed to be in the final than anyone else since the 3 top teams seem to be Canada, Sweden, and the U.S and Canada cant meet either Sweden or the U.S until the final now. Sweden and the U.S probably have to play each other, making neither as close to a lock as Canada.

I was high on the Russian teams chances but not after their performance today, although I still expect them to beat the Czechs. As for the Czechs the RR game was 8-1, while they could certainly improve on that I cant see them improving so far on such a lopsided game to actually have even an outside shot of winning over Canada. I still think Russia are more dangerous for Canada than the Czechs so I hope the Czechs upset Russia.

Luongo2008*

Sweden will NOT beat Canada in the finals, if Sweden make it.

Caesium

Apr 13, 2006
Didn't we beat Sweden in exibition?

Sweden wasn't playing their #1 goalie, and it was just exhibition. A win is a win, but I don't think that one meant very much. What it did show is that Canada can beat Hedman though, he was pretty sore after that game. Imagine what it will be like in the finals, Canada always turns the physicality into overdrive and just intimidates the other team into not playing. If they can do it to Ovechkin and Malkin, they can do it to the Swedes.

ottsens08

Sep 25, 2007
top secret
Sweden will be tough to beat they have well balance team, no significant weaknesses and the best goaltender in the tournament. Markstrom will be an elite goaltender in the NHL mark my words, he's a monster. He reminds a lot of carey price big, technically sound, great butterfly. Panthers are set in goal for a long time.

Luongo2008*

Sweden has a very good team and if Canada shows up with the team they iced in the 1st period against the USA tonight, they stand no chance.

If Canada can beat USA like they did today, then they can beat Sweden. But as usual it will be a tight game.

SP

Oct 24, 2006
Their heads against the wall after Canada whoops them.

The Polak*

Sweden (or anyone for that matter) has NO chance whatsoever against canada.

Don't get your hopes up swedish homers, it will just hurt more when canada blows your team out

Caesium

Apr 13, 2006
Sweden (or anyone for that matter) has NO chance whatsoever against canada.

Don't get your hopes up swedish homers, it will just hurt more when canada blows your team out

I'd rather not see posts like this :(

Canada is not invincible, and Sweden and the USA are great teams who have a shot at gold.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad