Who will score more points in the next 5 years? Matthews vs Marner vs Eichel vs EP vs Pastrnak

Who will score more points in the next 5 years? Matthews vs Marner vs Eichel vs EP vs Pastrnak

• Total voters

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
For the next 5 seasons combined (including this one) who scores the most points total, in the regular season? Injuries and missed games count, so you can factor that in. Points only, not specific to goals, and don't include playoffs.

So from current 2021 season, all the way t0 2024-2025 season.

All players are pretty close in age, and fairly close in terms of offensive potential/ability, give or take. Team situations vary a bit.

Please also rank them 1 to 5, most points to least points.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
Hmm, Pastrnak just beat every of these players by 15+ points last season. Interesting prediction.

I hear you but I honestly was thinking of Pastrnak as least likely too to have most points. It doesn't necessarily means he'll have the least points, just that he's the least likely to have the most. I think Pastrnak benefits more than anyone in league from linemates with Marchand/Bergeron's combination of offense/defense, but they're older and bound to slow down soon. I think this will affect his production.

All of Toronto, Buffalo and Vancouver's cores are younger.

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
Hmm, Pastrnak just beat every of these players by 15+ points last season. Interesting prediction.
Pasta is on an older team so I'm not sure he will stay at such a high level. I mean as talents there isn't much separating any of them. I certainly could easily prove wrong.

danpantz

Mar 31, 2013
Pasta is on an older team so I'm not sure he will stay at such a high level. I mean as talents there isn't much separating any of them. I certainly could easily prove wrong.

Bruins aren't really an older team anymore. They are middle of the pack overall.

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
Bruins aren't really an older team anymore. They are middle of the pack overall.
We're all talking about their 1 C. He's had a top 5 C his whole career, that could change soon. Again, he may prove me wrong, we are guessing the future which is not exactly a perfect science.

Buck Naked

Can't-Stand-Ya
Aug 18, 2016
I voted Marner. If Bergeron and Marchand could remain young the obvious choice would've been Pastrnak. If Buffalo was a better team it would've been Eichel. So Marner feels right here.

Reactions: CatchyTune

Canadiens Ghost

Mr. Objectivity
Dec 14, 2011
Smurfland
If they would have identical supporting casts for the next 5 years, I would take Pastrnak easily. But since Bergeron is getting up there in years, I'll go with Marner.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
If this was the next couple of seasons, I'd have voted for Pastrnak. But 5 seasons, I went with Marner because a big part of Pastrnak's production is Marchand and Bergeron, who are 32 and 35, respectively.

Reactions: Dion TheFluff

danpantz

Mar 31, 2013
The key players, including his linemates are.

Marchand, Bergeron, Krejci and goalies are the only old players.

Marchand is 32 and Bergeron is 35 and both have been old and slowing down for the last 3 seasons according to this board, both continue to put up career numbers in actual real life. The entire D-core is young. All of the other forwards besides Smith are young.

Mulletman

Feb 23, 2013
Over 60 votes and none for Pettersson. Has HF Boards finally come to it's senses when it comes to Pettersson and realized that he's overrated?

GettingYourMoms

Jun 6, 2018
I hear you but I honestly was thinking of Pastrnak as least likely too to have most points. It doesn't necessarily means he'll have the least points, just that he's the least likely to have the most. I think Pastrnak benefits more than anyone in league from linemates with Marchand/Bergeron's combination of offense/defense, but they're older and bound to slow down soon. I think this will affect his production.

All of Toronto, Buffalo and Vancouver's cores are younger.
So Matthews playing with marner is worse you Pejorative Slur? I think marner is offensively much better than Marchand and Bergeron. Now imagine Pasta with Marner.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Between the players listed only Marner and Pastrnak have recorded at least a 90+ point season.

Marner had 94 points in 82 games during the 2018-19 Season.

Pastrnak had 95 points in 70 games during the 2019-20 Season.

So I think it comes down to either of them and I'm going with Marner because of the age factor for Pastrnak playing on the same line with Bergeron and who knows how much longer he will play.

CatchyTune

JOHN TAVARES IS A MAPLE LEAF
Jan 8, 2016
Ontario
Over 60 votes and none for Pettersson. Has HF Boards finally come to it's senses when it comes to Pettersson and realized that he's overrated?
no, Pettersson is great, its just he is being compared to better players. its pretty simple.

Buck Naked

Can't-Stand-Ya
Aug 18, 2016

HF in a nutshell. Slow start = bad player. There is no way he would win the polls he did a month or two ago today. Because of 10 games.

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
HF in a nutshell. Slow start = bad player. There is no way he would win the polls he did a month or two ago today. Because of 10 games.
I mean, yes, knee-jerk reactions are basically all the majority of this site does, but that's the entire reason Pettersson won most of those polls in the first place. People overreacted to his small sample in the playoffs, and ignored all context behind it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad