Who will score more points Horcoff or Jones

Status
Not open for further replies.

Connor Mcdavey*

Who will score more points horc or Jones. Gagner is also going to score more points than Horcoff. What has happened to Horc.

I really hope he will be demoted from PP after Nuge will be back

Horcoff with something like 1 g and 1 a in the last 11 games I believe. I feel RJ28 will outscore him by a fair margin, and that's with playing reduced minutes and close to zero powerplay minutes a night.

Don't know what's up with him, he's getting so much ice and not doing anything with it; which somehow results in more icetime. It's a vicious circle

TheBusDriver

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Aug 25, 2009
Edmonton
Horc is taking on the others teams best players night in and night out. He still needs to be producing more but just remember hes playing against the Sedins, Iginlas, and Datsyuks of the world.

Tarpit*

My money is on Jones, because Horcoff will get injured once again and be out for the rest if the season.:sarcasm:

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
Who will score more points horc or Jones. Gagner is also going to score more points than Horcoff. What has happened to Horc.

What has happened to Horc? Nothing at all. He is the exact same Horc of the last 3 or 4 years.

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
Horc is taking on the others teams best players night in and night out. He still needs to be producing more but just remember hes playing against the Sedins, Iginlas, and Datsyuks of the world.

And yet his linemates don't get owned and are not -14. We saw what happened the one game he went down to play with mediocre wingers instead of prime wingers, his line was a collective -10 or something.

Funny how horcoff is the only player on the team that plays the tough minutes, against the other teams best players....boo freakin hoo this has been a 6 year excuse.

Samus44

Enjoy the ride.
Aug 5, 2010

:handclap: i agree he needs to bring a little more offensively but he's been put in a very tough role, the kids don't have nearly the kind of stats they do without Horcoff being put in the position he is in.

Samus44

Enjoy the ride.
Aug 5, 2010
And yet his linemates don't get owned and are not -14. We saw what happened the one game he went down to play with mediocre wingers instead of prime wingers, his line was a collective -10 or something.

Funny how horcoff is the only player on the team that plays the tough minutes, against the other teams best players....boo freakin hoo this has been a 6 year excuse.

Or we could say we see what happens when Horcoff doesn't center the checking line(Green was the center that night i believe). He was playing with a career AHLer, it was a bad night still but everybody has them. Weber was a -4 against us one night iirc, it happens to everybody.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
Don't you guys think Jones should be throwing the body around a little more? Given his size and position I don't think that's asking for too much.

space321

May 11, 2011
Don't you guys think Jones should be throwing the body around a little more? Given his size and position I don't think that's asking for too much.

I have no problem with the way Jones plays or the effort he gives night in night out. He's one of the few guys on this team for which I can say that about.

zeus3007*

If they were given the even amount of playing time, Jones' numbers would dwarf Horcoff's. But Horcoff will get more icetime, so it might be close. I'll still say Jones. Gagner is the best player of the three and could score as many points as either one playing 1/4 fewer games at this point.

What has happened to Horcoff? Well, as bad as it sounds, he's still better this year than he has been for the two prior (possibly because the team itself isn't as bad).

zeus3007*

One game? I know Horcoff has earned his criticism, but come on. One game? Horrid example.

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
One game? I know Horcoff has earned his criticism, but come on. One game? Horrid example.

Really? He immediately got better the next game and was elevated up to his usual top two line 1st in all of the forwards in ice time. As for having more games to see if this continued? We'll never know because he is fed top line minutes, 1st line pp time, top two line forwards game after game year after year. The one game he wasn't given them this year his line got destroyed.

I would love to a much much larger sample size of him playing on the bottom two lines.

zeus3007*

Really? He immediately got better the next game and was elevated up to his usual top two line 1st in all of the forwards in ice time. As for having more games to see if this continued? We'll never know because he is fed top line minutes, 1st line pp time, top two line forwards game after game year after year. The one game he wasn't given them this year his line got destroyed.

I would love to a much much larger sample size of him playing on the bottom two lines.

So would I. Then we could see an accurate assessment as opposed to people trying to make arguments based on one game. Could be that Horc was having an off night (or more off night). Could be a lot of things that affected that one single game.

oilers92

Jan 26, 2010
Edmonton
horcoff and jones have played on the same line this yr so the horcoff plays tougher minuets thing is a little off at times

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
I'd say Horcoff will get more but that's due to him playing 20+ minutes a night and getting premier PP time as well. Jones plays 5+ minutes less per game and get little PP time and still gets similar pts. Obviously Jones is the better offensive player yet Horcoff plays a top 2 centre role which will insure that he gets the odd point here and here almost by default.

stratedge

My relationship with the Oilers is abusive.
Jul 25, 2007
Calgary, AB

I have no problem with the way Jones plays or the effort he gives night in night out. He's one of the few guys on this team for which I can say that about.

Exactly. Jones doesn't throw monster hits, he's just not an open ice hitter, but he certainly finishes his hits. Some nights he's the only one on the team who does.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009

Jones is one of the guys that I don't bother watching to see if he is doing all he can because he's shown that he gives 100% almost all the time. If he has a bad game you have to wonder if he has the flu or something because it's just not like him.

I vote for a tie with Jones winning based on goals.

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
Exactly. Jones doesn't throw monster hits, he's just not an open ice hitter, but he certainly finishes his hits. Some nights he's the only one on the team who does.

Jones is 2nd among forwards for hits behind Petrell. My admiration for Smid is even higher after looking at the oilers hit stats. He leads with a whopping 100 hits, next best is Peckham with 61.

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
Don't you guys think Horcoff should be throwing the body around a little more? Given his size and position I don't think that's asking for too much.
Fixed . Given Horcoff's size and experience its embarrassing to see him pass up clear hits game after game , season after season .
What a wimp . :shakehead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad