Who will round out the top 3 for Hart?

Which of the following will finish top 3 for Hart?

• Total voters

Silky mitts

It’s yours boys and girls and babes let’s go!
Mar 9, 2004
Kane and Mcdavid are logical but they’re not in the playoffs. Mackinnon and Giordano maybe? I’m assuming Kucherov finishes top 3.

Last edited:

filinski77

Feb 12, 2017
Sort of homer voted Ovi, but he does deserve it, looking at the other options compared to their own team:

Ovi: 89 points (15 pt lead on 2nd on the team), 51 goals (just over TWICE as many goals as #2 on team)
Marchand: 100 points (21 pt lead on 2nd, however Bergy and Pasta are quite close in pt/gp), and 2nd in goals
MacKinnon: 97 points (10 point lead on 2nd, but Rantanen quite close in points/gp), 6 goal lead over #2
Giordano: Probably wins the Norris, but also has 4 players in the top 31 in points in the league, so low chance imo
Burns: 79 points (8 point lead on #2, quite impressive actually)
Point: 92 points, 3rd on team in points and 2nd in goals, no chance imo
Tavares: 88 points, 4 less than Marner, 1st on the team in goals, no chance imo
Gaudreau: 97 points (15 point lead on 2nd), but as mentioned above, has 4 other players in the top 32 in scoring

Assuming no Kane/McDavid, I'd probably go:
1) Kucherov
2/3) Marchand/Ovi
4/5) Crosby / Mackinnon
6) Gaudreau
7) Burns

Dr Salt

Bedard saved me
Feb 26, 2019
ym
Crosby could make a run for it. They'll probably give it to Kucherov though. Kane would be the obvious choice imo if the Hawks are playoff bound but there not, hence why he is not going to get it.

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
I agree Ovi has a good narrative for the season, but even with 51 goals, he won't even be that close to finishing top 10 in points. He shouldn't be a Hart finalist.

Kucherov and McDavid should be obvious in my opinion, they are quite far ahead of the pack.

I think Kane/Marchand/Crosby/or even Draisaitl (top 2 in goals, top 4 in points is a solid case) will round out the pack.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Any 2 of McDavid/Kane/Ovy/Sid

2 of them won't make the playoffs. When is the last time the media (who vote on this) voted non-playoff players as the 3 finalists for the Hart?

McDavid finished 5th in Hart voting last year despite WINNING the Art Ross. Why would it be different this year when he finishes 2nd?

ESH

Jun 19, 2011
A couple weeks ago it seemed like it was Kucherov and Crosby and then no clear 3rd. I think Crosby has dropped a bit, but he’s a media darling and I think he still might sneak in there, deserving or not.

I’d love to see Giordano in there, but I’m sure he won’t be. Gaudreau will probably get more votes, even though most Flames fans will tell you Giordano is the team’s clear MVP. I’m thinking Giordano will win the Norris, but Burns will finish higher in Hart voting.

Reactions: Regal

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
2 of them won't make the playoffs. When is the last time the media (who vote on this) voted non-playoff players as the 3 finalists for the Hart?

McDavid finished 5th in Hart voting last year despite WINNING the Art Ross. Why would it be different this year when he finishes 2nd?

My point was more of who SHOULD be in the top 3. Yea the playoff-bias (despite those two doing all they possibly can) will kill their chances but they both should finish in the top 7.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver

Last year was a bit of an outlier as it was heavy on top 10 players who were also seen to be carrying their mediocre teams. I don't think that narrative is playing out the same this year, and with Kucherov pretty much a lock to win it, I think voters are going to be more likely to throw their vote behind McDavid as a reward for his play the last two years, and putting up numbers we've rarely seen lately, even if scoring is up. I've already heard a lot of media suggest it was ridiculous that McDavid finished so far back last year, and I wouldn't be surprised they'll change that this year. I think it'll be a lot like '12 where Malkin ran away with it and Stamkos' 60 goals still finished second despite the Lightning not making the playoffs

Highmarker

Oct 31, 2011
this was a weird poll and was hard to vote on outside of McDavid who missed the playoffs. Giordano is a good pick I guess? I dunno Kane missed playoffs nobody really jumps out at me all these players had good years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad