Speculation: Who will Leafs play for the Cup?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blayzer

Jul 3, 2011
It could be this year, it could be next year, it could be 50 years into the future.

Impossible to know, but who do you think will be the Toronto Maple Leafs opponent the next time they battle for the Stanley Cup?

After such a long wait, I feel like the next time the Maple Leafs are in the Cup Finals it will be against a team that has some sort of storyline with the Maple Leafs.

1) Chicago (The only Original 6 opportunity)
2) Winnipeg (Leaf Fans vs Jets Fans. Ever since Burke has welcomed them into the league, they have felt the need to pick a fight with us. Leafs Nation prevails.)
3) Vancouver (Toronto vs Toronto 2.0 When we win, the city of Vancouver is burnt to the ground and the Canucks move to Markham)

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011
lol the canucks wont be in a final any time soon, that scratches them off. Id like to see LA personally, bernier vs quick it would b awsome

TMLrule*

It won't be that long of a wait but to the question I think we face Dallas (have a few cornerstones Seguin, Benn) or Edmonton.

Blayzer

Jul 3, 2011
It won't be that long of a wait but to the question I think we face Dallas (have a few cornerstones Seguin, Benn) or Edmonton.

I think those are very good picks. Kessel vs Seguin for the cup would be interesting lol. We will beat Dallas with a PPG that resulted from Dallas shooting the puck over the glass in their own end (even though it touched the glass). There is their Karma for Hull in '99.

Edmonton w/ Eakins and co. would be cool too. Our grit and experience prevails over RNH/Hall/Eberle's first cup appearance.

Blayzer

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto vs St.Louis. Old Norris division hockey.:yo:

The Blues are my 2nd favourite team (Based on their style of play, and being from Bramalea).

That would be a great Finals, especially if the teams identities are anything like they are now.

Guided by Veseys

Nov 14, 2011
lol the canucks wont be in a final any time soon, that scratches them off. Id like to see LA personally, bernier vs quick it would b awsome
I wouldn't speak too soon. Luongo is a better goalie then Shneider and can play a ton of games. They were banged up last year but should be good going into the regular season. Plus they have Torterella who should make a big difference in the first year or two that he is there. That team is gonna be pretty sick for a few more seasons. I think Vancouver has also gotten the shaft on penalties in the playoffs for the last few years and Torterella will freak out if that happens again (which it probably will). At least with Torterella in charge it will make for a better SI article if they happen to win the cup.

wulfio*

It could be this year, it could be next year, it could be 50 years into the future.

Impossible to know, but who do you think will be the Toronto Maple Leafs opponent the next time they battle for the Stanley Cup?

After such a long wait, I feel like the next time the Maple Leafs are in the Cup Finals it will be against a team that has some sort of storyline with the Maple Leafs.

1) Chicago (The only Original 6 opportunity)
2) Winnipeg (Leaf Fans vs Jets Fans. Ever since Burke has welcomed them into the league, they have felt the need to pick a fight with us. Leafs Nation prevails.)
3) Vancouver (Toronto vs Toronto 2.0 When we win, the city of Vancouver is burnt to the ground and the Canucks move to Markham)

toronto maple leafs vs. seattle super sonics

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
If the Leafs ever make it to the Stanley Cup Finals I don't care who they would end up playing. That's something they have no control over and I just want to see it finally happen during my lifetime.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
I thought about this question back in 1968.

However Leafs haven't played in a Stanley Cup final in 46 years and counting since their last Cup in 1967.

So as a result I don't think about this anymore.

Diatomic

Mitch Matthewlander
Mar 12, 2013
Air Canada Centre
1st Round: Leafs sweep Jets
2nd Round: Leafs sweep Sens
3rd Round: Leafs sweep Habs
4th Round: Leafs sweep Canucks

That would be the ideal scenario for me. Lets pray it happens :bow:

Mr Scarface*

Laughing my ass whole off: The Leafs have a "story line" against every ****in team in the league :biglaugh:

But yeah I think the sharks are going to be a close one. Any one of you remeember those wendel clark playoffs? ;) I like that there

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
1st Round: Leafs sweep Jets
2nd Round: Leafs sweep Sens
3rd Round: Leafs sweep Habs
4th Round: Leafs sweep Canucks

That would be the ideal scenario for me. Lets pray it happens :bow:

Jets are now in the western conference.

So, when are they moving back east?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad