Who will have the most successful career, Logan Cooley or Shane Wright?

Breakfast of Champs

Apr 15, 2007
One has been trending up for 2+ seasons and one has been trending down.

A lot can change, but Cooley just looks like he has so much more dynamic skill as it stands, I wouldn't be shocked if he became something like an 80+ pt scorer in the NHL within his first couple years.

Wright still has some very important tools, I still think his shot is good enough to make him a plus threat in the NHL and that's a big thing to have.

As a Habs fan , I would trade Slaf for Cooley but I would still prefer to keep him over Wright if given the option now

MichaelFarrell

Aug 29, 2016
Pittsburgh, PA
Logan Cooley looks like he could be the better player for sure. But a huge factor to me involves the teams that drafted them.

Seattle Kraken play the style of game that Shane Wright needs to incorporate. They play a relentless, physical, and defensively sound game. They have a strong culture of good leaders and guys that have had a lot of success. I think the cultural factor is going to be huge. I think Shane Wright has the opportunity to learn a ton and learn how to play a better game. He has the skill, he just needs to incorporate a bit more motor.

Arizona is a completely dysfunctional organization. There have been very few players to truly exceed expectations for that team. Logan Cooley has the talent to overcome that, but it’s going to be a long road in the desert.

Cooley is going to have to be a leader immediately while Wright has more opportunities to learn. If the question is “Who would you rather have in your organization?” The answer is clearly Cooley to me. But, I definitely think their respective teams could play a factor in their overall careers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad