Speculation: Who will have the better NHL career?

Who will have the better NHL career?

• Filip Zadina

Votes: 11 26.8%
  • Ben Meyers

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • Jonatan Berggren

Votes: 28 68.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
Interested to see what you guys think. Vote and then rank!

*if we don't sign Meyers I could care less how good or bad he ends up being*

I have it going:
1.Berggren
2.Ben Meyers
3.Filip Zadina

WF19

Nov 18, 2009
Interested to see what you guys think. Vote and then rank!

*if we don't sign Meyers I could care less how good or bad he ends up being*

I have it going:
1.Berggren
2.Ben Meyers
3.Filip Zadina
What about this new Pontus signing? Maybe one day we will get our signing that turns to Panarin. Gimme one of those guys

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
probably Meyers if we're just averaging it out

but i'd still take Berggren if I had to pick one since the upside is higher

Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
If Zadina not the most improved player right out of gate next season, I consider him bust. He needs big summer to work on a lot of things. At the moment I believe Bergreen is the best our prospect /player out of 2018 draft

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
Why on earth would you make this topic right now if you couldn’t care about one of the results if he doesn’t sign here?

Seems like you probably should have waited for him to make a decision if you’re going to shortcircuit the discussion before it starts. Hell, this topic led me to the main board to see if something happened with Meyers that I wasn’t aware of

• Haha
Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
Berggren.

He’s been really good for a really bad GR team and is a top 10 scoring rookie in the AHL this year with really stiff competition.

TheAHL.com | The American Hockey League

I know the guy he gets compared to on here a lot is Nyquist but I think he’s probably closer to Martin Erat. Still a skilled playmaker with some speed off the wing, but Berggren is chippier than Nyquist.

Reactions: bedtime20

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
Why on earth would you make this topic right now if you couldn’t care about one of the results if he doesn’t sign here?

Seems like you probably should have waited for him to make a decision if you’re going to shortcircuit the discussion before it starts. Hell, this topic led me to the main board to see if something happened with Meyers that I wasn’t aware of
Wanted to temper my disappointment. Not an exact science making threads to discuss hockey dawg...

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018

He wants an excuse to continue talking shit about Zadina in his free time. It’s really the only reason

Reactions: Larkin2AA

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
What's that mall kiosk theory?

Pontus Andreasson is a name made for European hockey. No chance he makes it in the NHL

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
What's that mall kiosk theory?

Pontus Andreasson is a name made for European hockey. No chance he makes it in the NHL

The Mall Kiosk Theory: The theory that the coolness of a hockey player's name dictates a level of success. If a player's name sounds like it belongs more to someone that is selling cell phones at a Costco or Best Buy cell phone kiosk it most likely is. Case in point; Dennis Cholowski. With a name like that you're not born to sporting greatness. Boyd Devereaux. Mark Mowers.

On the opposite end of the spectrum; Wilf Peimont. Mike Bossy. Guy Lafleur. Sergei Fedorov. Connor McDavid. Gordie Howe. These names on their own sound like they belong to badasses. If you were greeted by a geek squad member with that name like that something horribly went wrong in their lives.

We test this theory by voting on the coolness of a player's name. For instance, Conor Geekie vs. Filip Mesar. Which one sounds cooler? Which one sounds like it belongs to a guy that you're asking to replace your cracked iPhone screen?

The theory needs some fine tuning like maybe a sliding scale of coolness. 1 to 10? I think that would be good enough.

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
The Mall Kiosk Theory: The theory that the coolness of a hockey player's name dictates a level of success. If a player's name sounds like it belongs more to someone that is selling cell phones at a Costco or Best Buy cell phone kiosk it most likely is. Case in point; Dennis Cholowski. With a name like that you're not born to sporting greatness. Boyd Devereaux. Mark Mowers.

On the opposite end of the spectrum; Wilf Peimont. Mike Bossy. Guy Lafleur. Sergei Fedorov. Connor McDavid. Gordie Howe. These names on their own sound like they belong to badasses. If you were greeted by a geek squad member with that name like that something horribly went wrong in their lives.

We test this theory by voting on the coolness of a player's name. For instance, Conor Geekie vs. Filip Mesar. Which one sounds cooler? Which one sounds like it belongs to a guy that you're asking to replace your cracked iPhone screen?

The theory needs some fine tuning like maybe a sliding scale of coolness. 1 to 10? I think that would be good enough.
Love the theory, but needs to be expanded upon a bit.

I present to you, The Pontuses (Pontai?)

Those are some all-time hockey names right there. The only one to touch NHL ice is Pontus Aberg. Maybe the Swedes know how to keep the best of the best from crossing the pond?

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
Love the theory, but needs to be expanded upon a bit.

I present to you, The Pontuses (Pontai?)

Those are some all-time hockey names right there. The only one to touch NHL ice is Pontus Aberg. Maybe the Swedes know how to keep the best of the best from crossing the pond?

The Pontus Theory: if your name is Pontus you will never play in the NHL?

This looks like sound science. I approve!

Reactions: izlez

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
For everyone that is so remarkably confident in Berggren becoming a quality top 6 player, realize that he and Zadina are from the same class and less than a year apart in age. Zadina hasn’t played in the AHL since 2019, when he was producing at a rate comparable with Berggren’s year before getting called up, despite being about 2 years younger at the time.

The one thing that Beggren has going for him is that he appears to make his decisions quicker and play generally quicker than Zadina.

Just don’t draw conclusions based on data that appears convenient.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
For everyone that is so remarkably confident in Berggren becoming a quality top 6 player, realize that he and Zadina are from the same class and less than a year apart in age. Zadina hasn’t played in the AHL since 2019, when he was producing at a rate comparable with Berggren’s year before getting called up, despite being about 2 years younger at the time.

The one thing that Beggren has going for him is that he appears to make his decisions quicker and play generally quicker than Zadina.

Just don’t draw conclusions based on data that appears convenient.

I think people are drawing the conclusions on Zadina having a really bad season and Berggren being probably the best forward on Grand Rapids this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad