Who will form the Russian D-corps for the WJHC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rinkrat13

Nov 27, 2003
Toronto
Ezhov
Lyman
Fakhrutdinov
Korneev
Belov
Vorobiev

And if there lucky - Kolstov, Kondratiev, Grebeshkov & Tyutin will be loaned from there NHL teams

Dr_Chimera*

I hope to see Pervyshin on the team.

I also like Kosmachev and Alexei Stonkus - Stonkus especially is likely to make the team from what I've heard.

All in all, not an exciting blueline core, but it'll be fairly solid. Not as physically dominant for sure, but Barulin is a good one in nets.

They might need Lyamin for his physical traits, but he's a bit young for Ishmatov's liking.

Bad News Benning

Fallin for Dahlin?
Jan 11, 2003
Victoria
Visit site
Dr_Chimera said:
I hope to see Pervyshin on the team.

I also like Kosmachev and Alexei Stonkus - Stonkus especially is likely to make the team from what I've heard.

All in all, not an exciting blueline core, but it'll be fairly solid. Not as physically dominant for sure, but Barulin is a good one in nets.

They might need Lyamin for his physical traits, but he's a bit young for Ishmatov's liking.

What do you think of Denis Grot? Will he make the team?

HabLover

Mar 2, 2002
Sandspit
Visit site
JasonMacIsaac said:
Russia's defense is way weaker then in past years, Ovechkin should carry this team on his back if Zherdev doesn't play. Does Tunek(spelling) have a chance to make the team.

Zherdev won't be playing now! The IIHF won't let him.

Dr_Chimera*

MHJS said:
Isn't he injured? There was talk that he wouldn't walk again during the summer :dunno:
I am ashamed to say that I forgot about that. He did play excellent hockey before the injury.
I'm going to try and find out how he's doing.

Dr_Chimera*

Koltsov said:
What do you think of Denis Grot? Will he make the team?

I hear he's been playing fairly well, but not well enough to guarantee a spot.
He'll be given a long look.

Dr_Chimera*

JasonMacIsaac said:
What about Kadeikin, Khomutov got injured so Kadikin is NJ's last shot at a player joining team Russia :)

Kadeykin is not one of the favorites. He's kind of raw as well... I haven't seen him this year to truly observe his progress though.
He might be there, but I wouldn't count on it.

VernonForrest

Feb 20, 2003
San Diego
JasonMacIsaac said:
What about Kadeikin, Khomutov got injured so Kadikin is NJ's last shot at a player joining team Russia :)

Kadeykin is injured as well. He will be out at least a month last time I heard. I don't think Kadeykin is among Russia's top 10 Defenseman eligible for the WJC anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad