Who will finish second in points?

Who will finish 2nd in nhl scoring

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
Draisaitl.

He has 16 points in his last 9 games against Vancouver, and plays them 5 more times this year. I think he'll do a lot of damage there.

Also - out of everyone on your list, Draisaitl has more games left to play than anyone but MacKinnon. And he's between 5 to 7 points ahead of all of them.

8 games for Drai
6 for Marner/Matthews
7 for Marchand
6 for Kane
9 for MacKinnon

Mack is 6 points back. I'd say 95% likely Drai beats him. Drai only has 6 points in his last 8 games, but that probably means he's due for a hot streak.

Emerz

#1 PLD Fanboy
Jun 5, 2013
Nova Scotia
I'd say Drai stays in #2, I don't see the Oilers scoring drying up and most of their scoring is going to flow through Drai and McDavid.

Buzzman17

Apr 13, 2017
2nd place in scoring will be Draisaitl, who is also firmly the 2nd best player in the NHL
Nope. He just plays for a team with no depth and plays full two minutes of every power play and last five minutes of every game. Two empty net assists help too lol. Selfish players who care about points and that’s it,

Steven Toast

Apr 3, 2019
Sol System
Nope. He just plays for a team with no depth and plays full two minutes of every power play and last five minutes of every game. Two empty net assists help too lol. Selfish players who care about points and that’s it,
His team has no depth isn't really true, but if it was I don't see how that is a knock against Draisaitl. And why wouldn't Tippet continue to play 97 and 29 for the most of a PP? Its lead to the Oilers having the best PP in the NHL the last two years...

He has 4 ENP this year. Marner has 3, MacKinnon has 4, Kane has 3, Matthews has 2, Marchand has 6.

Ho hum for Draisaitl 71 points in 49 games (1.45 ppg). Now has a 1.42 ppg - 116 point pace - over the last 3 years. Hes very clearly the 2nd best forward.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
i'm more interested in who finishes with a higher +/- since that seemed to be such a major issue for everyone last yer

Agreed for the most part but many people used Drai’s +/- last year to discredit him and say how he didn’t deserve his trophies

It wasn't his plus minus that was an issue last year it was his underlying defensive metrics. Those are still poor this year, he's just getting unsustainable goaltending at ES. No one "cares about his plus minus" this year simply because he hasn't been in discussions for the Hart so it hasn't generally come up.

4EDM14OIL93

Jan 12, 2011
It wasn't his plus minus that was an issue last year it was his underlying defensive metrics. Those are still poor this year, he's just getting unsustainable goaltending at ES. No one "cares about his plus minus" this year simply because he hasn't been in discussions for the Hart so it hasn't generally come up.
It was definitely his +/- for the vast majority. People can whine about defensive metrics all they want but I’ll take actual results instead. The past two years minus one terrible month in December 2019 he has been on for way more goals for than against

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
It was definitely his +/- for the vast majority. People can whine about defensive metrics all they want but I’ll take actual results instead. The past two years minus one terrible month in December 2019 he has been on for way more goals for than against

I mean it depends on who you're talking about. Yea there were idiots who called him a liability despite being a plus player 5v5 and significantly raising the GF% of the Oilers when on the ice compared to off by a significant amount. But there were legitimate arguments about a couple players being overall more effective despite Draisaitl's offensive production due to him giving up too many chances against 5v5.

4EDM14OIL93

Jan 12, 2011
I mean it depends on who you're talking about. Yea there were idiots who called him a liability despite being a plus player 5v5 and significantly raising the GF% of the Oilers when on the ice compared to off by a significant amount. But there were legitimate arguments about a couple players being overall more effective despite Draisaitl's offensive production due to him giving up too many chances against 5v5.
Fair enough

pcruz

Mar 7, 2013
Vaughan

Of course not!
His linemate would be tied for 8th in league scoring if he hadn't scored a single goal.
He's also 2nd in league goals scored.

McDavid is so much more valuable than Draisaitl that the discussion just doesn't exist anymore.

As for Draisaitl himself, people who write him off as being a liability are wrong. Anyone who doesn't believe him to be a true star is also wrong. His defensive game is improving consistently as is the physical aspect.

I still expect him to get caught in points this year (as the gap has been closing), but I wouldn't be surprised one bit if Draisaitl ends the year in 2nd place for points.

Mats13

Apr 22, 2015
Drai. Which means he’ll have finished 4th, 1st, and 2nd in the last 3 scoring races.

Yet some will continue to beat the drum for lesser players.

Maybe because other players don’t get to rid shotgun with McDavid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad