- Pierre Dorion
- DJ smith & staff
- Cam Talbot
- Nick Holden
- Austin Watson
- Dylan Gambrell
- Patrick Brown

I'm ok with Gauthier and Kelly if they are 13th-14th. Brassard should be 12th

- Travis Hamonic only if he makes 1.5 AAV on a 1 year and takes a SMALLER role.

- Trade Alex DeBrincat for better forward depth, improve 2-way play and leave some cap space maneuver going forward

Still have no idea why we couldn't wait the offseason to unload Zaitsev... but picks didn't have much value to us during this whole rebuild so whatever

Reactions: Cosmix

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Clearly reading comprehension is an issue here. The title seems pretty clear.

By the sounds of it Talbot and Watson won’t be back in addition to Holden. Both seem to want multi year deals, Watson was very clear about that, and it sounded like the team wasn’t interested.

Watson did mention something about never say never in terms of if there was nothing on the UFA market, but I doubt the team would be interested in a circle back.

I would add that Brassard is unlikely to be back, simply due to how hard it will be to come back from this injury to once again be a guy looking for a PTO or 13th forward. Never say never, but I suspect he’ll retire.

Everyone else has a chance to return.

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
Don't think Holden, Watson or Talbot are back.

Hope Hamonic isn't back unless its a league minimum. His presence drags down our defensive stats whenever he's on the ice.

No need for Gambrell or Brown, we have internal options.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Who SHOULD NOT be back :

- Pierre Dorion
- DJ smith & staff
- Cam Talbot
- Nick Holden
- Austin Watson
- Dylan Gambrell
- Patrick Brown

I'm ok with Gauthier and Kelly if they are 13th-14th. Brassard should be 12th

- Travis Hamonic only if he makes 1.5 AAV on a 1 year and takes a SMALLER role.

- Trade Alex DeBrincat for better forward depth, improve 2-way play and leave some cap space maneuver going forward

Still have no idea why we couldn't wait the offseason to unload Zaitsev... but picks didn't have much value to us during this whole rebuild so whatever
I thought we unloaded Zaitsev to allow us to take a run at Chychrun?

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Don't think Holden, Watson or Talbot are back.

Hope Hamonic isn't back unless its a league minimum. His presence drags down our defensive stats whenever he's on the ice.

No need for Gambrell or Brown, we have internal options.
Did you know the Sens PK was at 60% after Hamonic was injured ?

Reactions: Golden_Jet

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
Term. He wants term and I would be reluctant to give him that.
He thinks he still has it . He lays it on the line and he fights (not always on the right side) .. offering him a 1 year 1.25 or so contract almost seems like an insult.
So...no to 2 years at 1.25 per? Seems market value for his kind of player

Reactions: Cosmix

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
So...no to 2 years at 1.25 per? Seems market value for his kind of player
The value is fine, but I don’t think we want to allocate the roster spot to him for 2 years. I think by that time we’ll want to have a look at guys like Ostapchuk etc…

To be honest I like what Watson brought, but if Kasty is a regular I’d like to see what Goat on his wing brings to the table on the 4th line. Watty fought and was a solid PKer, but he was slow and didn’t really fit our fast attack style.

I will miss his crushing hits, but I’m hoping Boucher can bring that with speed and some offence, Ostapchuk as well.

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
The value is fine, but I don’t think we want to allocate the roster spot to him for 2 years. I think by that time we’ll want to have a look at guys like Ostapchuk etc…

To be honest I like what Watson brought, but if Kasty is a regular I’d like to see what Goat on his wing brings to the table on the 4th line. Watty fought and was a solid PKer, but he was slow and didn’t really fit our fast attack style.

I will miss his crushing hits, but I’m hoping Boucher can bring that with speed and some offence, Ostapchuk as well.
That's fine, but one way or another I assume we'll want a veteran who can do the same as watson. I doubt that's gauthier, so we'll be replacing watson.

I guess some more speed won't hurt on line 4

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
That's fine, but one way or another I assume we'll want a veteran who can do the same as watson. I doubt that's gauthier, so we'll be replacing watson.

I guess some more speed won't hurt on line 4
I agree, but Kasty may be that guy now that he’s a full timer. There aren’t too many guys that fight and can play real minutes anymore.

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
I feel Kastelic will continue to get comfortable into that role. Not that I expect him to drop the gloves every few games, but his physicality will get better as well.

Reactions: SpezDispenser

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
I agree, but Kasty may be that guy now that he’s a full timer. There aren’t too many guys that fight and can play real minutes anymore.
Kastelic is very efficient and a perfect 4th liner, but this lineup needs a guy who has been through wars before. Like a 4th line version of Giroux

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
I feel Kastelic will continue to get comfortable into that role. Not that I expect him to drop the gloves every few games, but his physicality will get better as well.
He's a guy that will have so many uses for us. Faceoffs, hitting, forechecking, pking, everything. Nice guy to sharpie in as 4th line C

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Kastelic is very efficient and a perfect 4th liner, but this lineup needs a guy who has been through wars before. Like a 4th line version of Giroux
I don’t disagree, what about a guy like Maroon then. Perennial finals guy, and is reasonably tough….

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad