Speculation: Who will/can Chicago Protect in the Expansion Draft?

echlfreak

Aug 1, 2003
Current NHL teams can protect seven forwards, three defensemen and one goalie, or eight skaters (forwards/defensemen) and one goalie, under the following conditions.
* All players with no-movement clauses at the time of the draft, and who decline to waive those clauses, must be protected and will be counted toward their team's applicable protection limits.
* All first- and second-year professionals, and all unsigned draft choices, will be exempt from selection (and will not be counted toward protection limits.
In addition, all NHL teams must meet the following minimum requirements regarding players exposed for selection in the draft:
* One defenseman who is a) under contract in 2021-22 and b) played in at least 40 NHL games the prior season or played in at least 70 NHL games in the prior two seasons.
* Two forwards who are a) under contract in 2021-22 and b) played at least 40 NHL games the prior season or played in at least 70 NHL games in the prior two seasons.
* One goalie who is under contract in 2021-22 or will be a restricted free agent at the end of his current contract immediately prior to 2021-22. If a team elects to make a restricted free agent goalie available to meet this requirement, that goalie must have received his qualifying offer prior to the submission of the team's protected list.
* Players with potential career-ending injuries who have missed more than the previous 60 consecutive games (or who otherwise have been confirmed to have a career-threatening injury) may not be used to satisfy a team's player exposure requirements unless approval is received from the NHL. Such players also may be deemed exempt from selection.

Asking because I really don't know

Exempt:
Seabrook-IR Exempt
Shaw-IR Exempt

Protected:
F-

D-

G-

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Toews (NMC)
Kane (NMC)
Kubalik
Debrincat
Hagel
Strome
Gaudette or Kampf (RFA)

Keith (NMC)
Murphy
Stillman or Zadorov (RFA)

Lankinen

I honestly think that Bowman will protect Stillman and leave Zadorov exposed (His rights could be traded before that)

Also while I assume Gaudette will be protected I wouldn't be shocked if Bowman protects Kampf instead

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad