Speculation: Who Will be This Years Boyd Devereaux?

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
Well it seems like this season could end like the 2009 season, as we are tied with the Oilers for last going into the final game of the season. Who do you think is randomly going to go beast mode and carry the team to a victory? (Only using players that played last night)

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Nobody, to be honest. NJ, in NJ, don't think anybody will be pumped up at all. Everybody will just go through the motions, trying to not get hurt and ruin their summer vacation. It will be a snooze fest of a game.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Kadri. Without his hat trick against the Panthers 30th is already locked up.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Without [insert event that leading to a win earlier in the season] 30th is already locked up.

Ding ding. It's why the whole Devereaux/Gerber thing was found to be pretty ridiculous.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Well, it looks like a tie between Grabner and Greening. :popcorn:

Can they both be made healthy scratches tomorrow night? :naughty:

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
Well, it looks like a tie between Grabner and Greening. :popcorn:

Can they both be made healthy scratches tomorrow night? :naughty:

Forget the forwards, the key scratches to "tank" the 82nd game are Gardiner and Rielly. Those two keep the Leafs in any game.

Mount Suribachi

Nov 15, 2013
England
LOL, I thought this thread was going to be "which 4th line borderline AHLer on a stacked team is going to find himself a Stanley Cup champion in 2 months time"

SmoggyTwinkles

Go Leafs Go
Aug 5, 2010
Oshawa
www.bing.com
Definitely Grabner. You just know it. All those breakaways. All of a sudden, he converts.

Probably this.

I was going to say Laich for some reason but I actually like his role on this team.

Grabner hat trick for sure though. :laugh:

Whatever don't even care, if we finish last and the Oilers win the draft we'll be wishing we were in that second spot etc. etc.

It's a pretty big crapshoot now, we'll get a really good prospect.

Albert Iafrate

Feb 29, 2008
F you guys and your Boyd hate. Trust me, you couldn't meet a nicer guy. He was (like all of you would be) just trying to get another contract in the NHL so he could, you know, NOT LOSE HIS JOB. And then he did, had to leave his family and friends to go to Europe, and then broke his frickin neck playing over there. But yeah, boy what a dick.

MastuhNinks

Apr 30, 2011
The Iron Throne
F you guys and your Boyd hate. Trust me, you couldn't meet a nicer guy. He was (like all of you would be) just trying to get another contract in the NHL so he could, you know, NOT LOSE HIS JOB. And then he did, had to leave his family and friends to go to Europe, and then broke his frickin neck playing over there. But yeah, boy what a dick.
Relax man, nobody is wishing him harm. It's just a funny reference, you're taking it more seriously than anybody else does.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad