NFL: Who will be the top 10 regular season QBs?

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
1. Mahomes
2. Burrow
3. Allen
4. Jackson
5. Tua
6. Lawrence
7. Hurts
8. Herbert
9. Dak
10. Rodgers

Reactions: buffalowing88

buffalowing88

Aug 11, 2008
Charlotte, NC
1. Mahomes
2. Burrow
3. Allen
4. Jackson
5. Tua
6. Lawrence
7. Hurts
8. Herbert
9. Dak
10. Rodgers

I like your list. I think there's a clear Top-3 and then Tua and Jackson have the talent and are dynamic enough to fill in the last two spots if they stay on the field (big IF but this is the pre-season so let's dare to dream).

Lawrence, Hurts, and Herbert feel like a tier on their own. All obviously rising still but I want one more good season. Herbert basically has already done that but I still think he needs to deliver in some big games before I can raise him.

Dak is criminally underrated, which is odd for a Dallas QB. Rodgers belongs in the Top-10 but I think 10th at this point is more than fair.

I'm curious to see what Watson does this year. Part of me thinks he doesn't like playing in the cold and doesn't have the weapons to thrive. Part of me thinks he's too talented to struggle much longer, though, and that last year was just shaking off rust. I guess we'll see...

Reactions: LT

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
I'm biased and jaded, but I hope Watson's career f***ing sucks from here on out. f*** that guy.

Two years away from football can also completely derail a career. He looked terrible last season.

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
1. Mahomes
2. Allen
3. Hurts
4. Burrow
5. Herbert
6. Lamar
7. Lawrence
8. Tua
9. Arod
10. Fields

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
Mahomes
Burrow
Allen
Herbert
Hurts
Lamar
Lawrence
Rodgers
Dak
Cousins

Mahomes then Burrow/Allen seems pretty accepted at this point. You can arrange the Herbert/Lamar/Hurts/Lawrence group however you like and I wouldn’t argue too much. I wouldn’t be surprised at all to see Rodgers light it up this year, even if his time’s probably running out. After that you’re in the Ryan Tannehill Memorial 10th-14th Best QB at any given moment zone. All things being equal I’d probably take Tua over Cousins but Tua’s health concerns gave me pause.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I get why it’s Hurts over Burrow for #2, but I still give Burrow a not-so-slight edge.

Also, Fields at 13? Even though the Bears have stunk, I feel like you should do better than having lost 4 out of 5 games you’ve started before being considered in the top half of the league as a quarterback.

Reactions: LT

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
I get why it’s Hurts over Burrow for #2, but I still give Burrow a not-so-slight edge.

Also, Fields at 13? Even though the Bears have stunk, I feel like you should do better than having lost 4 out of 5 games you’ve started before being considered in the top half of the league as a quarterback.
I'd take Lawrence over about 6 of the QBs listed above him, especially and including Fields.

Reactions: TheGreenTBer

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
I think the guys in 2-4 are probably the right guys just maybe not the right order, Allen and Hurts are capable of putting up a monster year and jumping to the 2nd spot

I'd probably go

Burrow
Allen
Hurts
Herbert

Then the next 5

Rodgers
Lamar
Lawrence
Cousins
Dak

Reactions: TheAngryHank

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
I don't know how anyone listens to Cowherd/any of the hot take guys on a regular basis. There's so many good football analysts out there that I can't imagine giving any time to the blowhards.

Reactions: GKJ and DaaaaB's

Peter Sidorkiewicz

Devils Army
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2002
1. Mahomes
2. Burrow
3. Allen
4. Hurts
5. Herbert
6. Jackson
7. Rodgers