Who will be the RNH or Chris Kreider of this season?

Clint Eastwood

Eff the Habs
Nov 11, 2018
Kreider 2 seasons ago pulled 52 goals directly out of his ass after having a previous career high of 28.

Ryan Nugent-Hopkins pulled 104 points out of nowhere this past year after having a previous career high of 69 :snide:

These players before their immaculate seasons were viewed highly as good top 6 players but then had an explosion out of nowhere well into their 20s or early 30s. having numbers similar to some of the superstars of the league. Which player will have a random explosion this season in any of points or goals?

Note: I'm not talking about players with potential of breaking out or younger players developing. I mean players that are well developed at this point.

I call dibs on going first: Ivan Barbashev

TySmith4Norris

Oct 13, 2020
From the Pens:

Pettersson has a career high of 24 points but should be paired with Karlsson and end up with a ton of minutes and secondary assists as a result, could see 60 points

If the Karlsson experiment works right could also see one of Smith/Rakell/Rust surpassing their career highs of 60-70 points and hitting 80-100 (in theory one of them is taking Guentzel's spot on PP1 to start the season)

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
From the Pens:

Pettersson has a career high of 24 points but should be paired with Karlsson and end up with a ton of minutes and secondary assists as a result, could see 60 points

If the Karlsson experiment works right could also see one of Smith/Rakell/Rust surpassing their career highs of 60-70 points and hitting 80-100 (in theory one of them is taking Guentzel's spot on PP1 to start the season)
Karlsson is not gonna turn Pettersson into a 60 pt player lol. Has Karlsson even had a 60 primary point season in his career?

EDIT: pointed out he hit 67 last year - his best offensive season by almost 20 points, with some obviously coming on the PP, and his main partners scored between 11-18 pts.

Last edited:

TySmith4Norris

Oct 13, 2020
Karlsson is not gonna turn Pettersson into a 60 pt player lol. Has Karlsson even had 60 primary points in his career?
Pettersson had 24 points in 68 games last season on a significantly less exciting roster and with a significantly less talented partner

Just seeing more ice time and continuing to improve at both ends this year probably puts him closer to 35-40 if he's healthy

If Karlsson works then yes I think there's a chance he can become a 50+ point player, happy to revisit in 3-4 months

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
He had 67 just last year alone. Almost as bad of a take as the guy you responded to, lol.
I meant in a single season, thought that could be reasonably inferred.
Pettersson had 24 points in 68 games last season on a significantly less exciting roster and with a significantly less talented partner

Just seeing more ice time and continuing to improve at both ends this year probably puts him closer to 35-40 if he's healthy

If Karlsson works then yes I think there's a chance he can become a 50+ point player, happy to revisit in 3-4 months
So he has hit 60+ primary points, a portion of which were on the PP of course, and no other DMan on his team had more than 24 points.

Pretty sure the only partner he's ever had who hit 25+ points is Filip Kuba, back in 2012, who hit 32.

Karlsson is not going to cause Pettersson to double his pt total, maybe unless Pettersson plays next to him on the PP (he won't).

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
I don't think he'll put up 60+ points or anything, but i'll throw K'Andre Miller's name into the ring here. 31 points 5v5 last season was good for T-12th among Dmen, tied with guys like Pietrangelo, Josi, and Quinn Hughes

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
On the Flames, maybe Huberdeau?

Never exceeded 30 goals, suddenly decides he wants to go for 50 after Iggy secretly trains him?

Huska: Johnny, no one is going to expect it, so consider passing it to the goal cam as well as your teammates this season.
Huberdeau: OK coach.

Reactions: The Hockey Tonk Man

PuckG

Feb 26, 2015
I would probably bet on RNH again. He’s in the exact same situation, playing a key role in all situations and with the same supporting cast.

Reactions: ujju2

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad