Who will be the pick?

Starrlinx

Sep 11, 2004
Seattle, WA
Now that we are finally just one week away from the draft (yay!) who do you think the pick will be at 3? Not who you want it to be or think it should be but who do you anticipate being available and which name are you expecting to be called?

Last edited:

bohlmeister

May 18, 2007
Voted Duchene and that is what I fully expect. I think we will see a trade at the draft. It will be roster players though.

Starrlinx

Sep 11, 2004
Seattle, WA
Forgot to add my vote. I've said Duchene from the day the lottery was held and nothing since then has convinced me that will not be the case. I think JT/Hedman go 1-2 in some kind of order and Duchene is on the board when the Avs pick. They will not screw this one up, it's too simple.

chewey

May 27, 2008
Near You!
Now that we are finally just one week away from the draft (yay!) who do you think the pick will be at 3? Not who you want it to be or think it should be but who do you anticipate being available and which name are you expecting to be called?

God dammit! :laugh: I choose Hedman thinking this is who you want to pick, not who you think will be picked. Will, my list goes:

Hedman
Kane
Duchene

in who I want, but in terms of who we'll get, Duchene.

Belgican

Mar 8, 2002
Visit site
I would say Duchene, but for some reason I expect Hedman to fall to the third pick, just a feeling, we'll see

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO
Newsday's Islanders beat writer was just on NHL Live, and said in putting pieces of info together from NYI brass that he thinks the Islanders will be taking Duchane #1. Personally, I would like to see the Avs trade up to #1 and take Hedman, but I'll take whomever is there at #3 if they don't. They'll get a good player no matter what, I just think Hedman is the right pick for this team currently.

Alex Jones

BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!
Jun 8, 2009
Conspiratron 9000
Newsday's Islanders beat writer was just on NHL Live, and said in putting pieces of info together from NYI brass that he thinks the Islanders will be taking Duchane #1. Personally, I would like to see the Avs trade up to #1 and take Hedman, but I'll take whomever is there at #3 if they don't. They'll get a good player no matter what, I just think Hedman is the right pick for this team currently.

I doubt it, but I would love for you to be right, as I would take tavares or hedman over duchene....Hedman is my dream pick, but I don't think TB let's him go past them.

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008
I expect Duchene. I don't care what any reports say; Tavares will go 1st, and Hedman will follow barring a Lecavalier trade.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
sorry to say, but i think we're gonna end up with Tavares.

i bet NYI take Hedman, TB then takes Duchene and we get Tavares. i hope im wrong!

NOTENOUGHJTCGOALS

Feb 28, 2006

i bet NYI take Hedman, TB then takes Duchene and we get Tavares. i hope im wrong!

TB will trade down if Hedman is off the board and someone else takes Tavares. The only scenario where the Avs get Tavares is

NYI: Duchene
TB: Hedman
Avs: Tavares

VikingAv

Mediiic!!
Jun 18, 2006
Norway

You're sorry and hope we don't get Tavares? If we stand pat at #3 and Tavares somehow falls to us, all Avs fans should be doing collective naked cartwheels around the world! I still believe Duchene will be our pick though.

jaems

Apr 16, 2006
I think all this hubbub is trying to build drama to what will otherwise be a predictable top three.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
[/B]

You're sorry and hope we don't get Tavares? If we stand pat at #3 and Tavares somehow falls to us, all Avs fans should be doing collective naked cartwheels around the world! I still believe Duchene will be our pick though.

i only said that because 6 months avs fans wouldve loved Tavares...but i think most ppl want us to get Duchene now. i wasnt knocking Tavares at all.

madman

Deadmarsh Deli Dills
Jun 6, 2009
Steamboat Springs
What about #3 pick for Phi:naughty:l Kessel

Pass. My cousin went to high school with Phil in Wisconsin, and constantly reminds me of how much of an ass he was back then. Not to say the guy doesn't know how to bury the puck, but I'll happily stick with the pick.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Voted for Duchene...Hell, look at my avatar. But seriously, this has been said several times by many people a lot smarter than me...as long as the AVs don't trade the pick, very good things are in store. I'll be more than happy with any of the "big three" in this draft. As everyone else has said, it's hard to **** up when you just pick the one left at #3. Good place to be for a rookie front office.

AvsSpits

Sep 9, 2008
Thurmont, MD
Roarke at NHL.com says it'll be

NYI - Tavares
TBL - Hedman
COL - MPS?!?!?!

HAHAHAHAHAHA! NO! Right. it's going to be whoever is left out of the three. Tavares, Hedman, or Duchene. I'll be satisfied to a point with any of them. They're all great players. But of the three, I want Duchene the most and Tavares the least.

AvsFanInBuffalo

Feb 5, 2007
Buffalo, NY
Though theres been speculation of NYI taking Duchene, I think it's just a smoke screen and they'll take Tavares. Hedman then will go to Tampa.

Therefore I voted Duchene.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad