Who will be the next player to be traded?

SportsPhan8

Nov 24, 2013
New Jersey
I see it being MacDonald, who's a huge liability, despite looking better than he really is with Ghost aligned next to him.

After this season, he's still owed $16.5 million, and he just turned 30.

Who do you think will go next, and why?

dats81

Jan 22, 2011
Carinthia, AUT
My money would be on Streit at the trade deadline.

None of the spare forwards will attract much attention. Maybe Matt Read leaves if they decide to retain a significant share of his salary.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I see it being MacDonald, who's a huge liability, despite looking better than he really is with Ghost aligned next to him.

So I assume you think Hextall will retain the maximum 50% in order to trade him.

I think Streit, Schultz and Read are the most likely to move this year.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Schultz is my guess but not for anything substantial and not until it gets closer to the deadline.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Nobody would take MacDonald even at 50% retained so hes not going anywhere.

My guess is Streit.

whitstifier

Honor Black Excellence in Hockey
Mar 19, 2013
Does it make more sense to sit on trading Read until the TDL? Laughton and Leier are similar players, no?

briererocks

Nov 23, 2011
I think Laughton will get traded next. He is going to be playing 4th line and has not developed as hoped.

Irwin

Jul 27, 2016
Helsinki
If I am correct, some minor moves have to be done if we want to play Del Zotto next Saturday?

Maybe we are a little too negative with the perceived value of our defensive core? I mean, we do have a surplus of defensemen and Hexy has shown that he can milk the other GMs to give great deals. One of Streit, Schultz or MacDonald will not be playing the full season with the Flyers is my guess. Hexy made the Lecavalier deal, maybe he has still one in him with a AMac-deal?

Oh and i think that our top 6 looks real neat for the first time in couple of years. Can't wait to get Raffl to our 3rd line.

whitstifier

Honor Black Excellence in Hockey
Mar 19, 2013
If I am correct, some minor moves have to be done if we want to play Del Zotto next Saturday?

Maybe we are a little too negative with the perceived value of our defensive core? I mean, we do have a surplus of defensemen and Hexy has shown that he can milk the other GMs to give great deals. One of Streit, Schultz or MacDonald will not be playing the full season with the Flyers is my guess. Hexy made the Lecavalier deal, maybe he has still one in him with a AMac-deal?

Oh and i think that our top 6 looks real neat for the first time in couple of years. Can't wait to get Raffl to our 3rd line.

AMac doesn't plan to retire like Lecavalier did.

Branko

Jul 5, 2011

Who do you think will go next, and why?

At this point, it's completely unrealistic to think any other NHL team would take MacDonald because of that contract and the fact that he flat out sucks at hockey. I think he would be a liability for the Phantoms at this point. The Flyers are clearly trying to get him the minimum amount of games to expose him in the expansion draft, even though LV would have to be out of their minds to claim him. They'll have to banish him to the AHL or buy him out in the next couple years.

I'm going to say Read because of his hot start.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
This is the cap situation if they send Laughton and MacDonald/Schultz down:

Roster size 23 (14F, 7D, 2G); Total cap hit $72,211,667

So they don't need to make a trade. But Hextall likes to surprise us.

McNasty

Jan 20, 2007
Rutgers
Schultz makes a lot of sense if they're comfortable with Amac as the #7 and having to recall from LHV if someone.

kelmitchell

Jun 11, 2013
Newark Delaware
I'd like us to trade mason, read, amac, schultz, and striet that'd be a dream come true! (Mason due to the fact he's stated he wants a raise and a long term deal) his play hasn't warranted a long term deal or a big raise

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Mason. Night after night Mason just can't seem to rid himself of the habit of letting in a goal or two that he should have had which crushes the team.

This season..sure. Prior to that? Nope.

dats81

Jan 22, 2011
Carinthia, AUT
How long until Hextall will actively try to move Dale Weise?
... he doesn't click with any linemates so far, has no role on the roster. It's almost a no-go to trade someone who has just been signed to a multi year contract but still.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
... he doesn't click with any linemates so far, has no role on the roster. It's almost a no-go to trade someone who has just been signed to a multi year contract but still.

I agree. He would still have value but isn't fulfilling the 3rd-line scoring role for which he was acquired. Laughton would be my second choice, for the reasons stated above. Maybe Read, because of his hot start, as third choice. He just fits well into Hakstol's 3-zone system right now and few would have anticipated him revving up his scoring like he has to start the season.

I seriously doubt anyone would trade for MacDonald without an equally bad contract coming back. Streit? Possibly, but I see him as a choice TDL acquisition, not so early in the season while teams are still seeing what their own rosters can do.

If Mason is traded, I'd have to believe there are hard feelings behind the scenes. As bad as he has started out the season, his excellent numbers with the Flyers should give him a lot of leeway for playing back to his level.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014

Way too soon to give up on him.

There are 70 games left for Weise to find his role.

Hakstol is partially to blame for his handling of the bottom 6. There is no stability there whatsoever because of his tinkering to accomodate his pet projects Bellemare and VandeVelde.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Right now with MDZ not signed, and Cousins doing well enough to be protected IMO, it looks like the best choice for Vegas will be Laughton or Weise.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad