Who will be the last player in top 9 ?

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
This couldn't have been asked in the "Lineup 2014-15" thread?

God I hate this HF trend to merge EVERYTHING together. Everything gets lost in one big melting pot. It limits potential for ideas to emerge.

I find this question distinctive enough to be its own thread personally.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
Weise said he was more than a grinder and has shown great promise in his limited time with us.

He was also very vocal and provided leadership.

I think it´s his job to lose.

Number 57

Dec 21, 2004
Montreal
Bloody hell Bournival is underrated in here !!

It's his first full season and now he doesn't have the offense to be on a 3rd line ? Gimme a break.

His forechecking, speed and intensity is the best on the team and his hockey sense + offensive skills are light years ahead of the likes of Prust, Moen and Weise (yes even Weise).

He will likely start on the 4th line, but his play will leave Therrien no choice but to move him up. Once he plays with better players than Moen and Prust, I see no reason why the kid wouldn't produce.

Sure he is not a sniper nor a top playmaker, but he will be able to put up around 30 pts a season and play a key role defensively, on the forecheck and on the PK.

He will be a legit 3rd liner by the end of next season, easily. He is the kind of player playoff teams like to have in their bottom-6 in the playoffs. He will replace what Louis Leblanc should have become for us, which is a solid 3rd line player that can play well both-ways and provide good work along the boards and on the forecheck.

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
Bloody hell Bournival is underrated in here !!

It's his first full season and now he doesn't have the offense to be on a 3rd line ? Gimme a break.

His forechecking, speed and intensity is the best on the team and his hockey sense + offensive skills are light years ahead of the likes of Prust, Moen and Weise (yes even Weise).

He will likely start on the 4th line, but his play will leave Therrien no choice but to move him up. Once he plays with better players than Moen and Prust, I see no reason why the kid wouldn't produce.

Sure he is not a sniper nor a top playmaker, but he will be able to put up around 30 pts a season and play a key role defensively, on the forecheck and on the PK.

He will be a legit 3rd liner by the end of next season, easily. He is the kind of player playoff teams like to have in their bottom-6 in the playoffs. He will replace what Louis Leblanc should have become for us, which is a solid 3rd line player that can play well both-ways and provide good work along the boards and on the forecheck.

Glad to see that some fans recognize the need for rookies to learn the game in all areas of the ice, defence first and when he's a more complete player the scoring touch he displayed in Shawinigan as their Captain will slowly come to the surface I'm sure.:handclap::handclap::handclap:

Number 57

Dec 21, 2004
Montreal
Glad to see that some fans recognize the need for rookies to learn the game in all areas of the ice, defence first and when he's a more complete player the scoring touch he displayed in Shawinigan as their Captain will slowly come to the surface I'm sure.:handclap::handclap::handclap:

As QMJHL fans we know what Bourns can do offensively. Especially with that speed.

14 pts in 60 games as a rookie playing 4th line minute tells me he will score much more in the future. Like I said around 30 pts every year is what I would expect.

30 pts in 69 AHL games as a rookie is also very solid, especially since Hamilton has been pretty bad these last couple of years.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
God I hate this HF trend to merge EVERYTHING together. Everything gets lost in one big melting pot. It limits potential for ideas to emerge.

I find this question distinctive enough to be its own thread personally.

:laugh: Indeed. Especially the out of town stuff. Everything happening outside Mtl lumped into one big thread.

JLP

Refugee
Aug 16, 2005
Adding Andrighetto or Thomas could replace Gionta's smallness ;)

Have not seen DLR. Would like to see Bournival or Weise play top-9.

Go Habs Go !!!

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
Its really tough to predict without seeing pre season action.

I predict that it will be filled from within, and further solidified via trade before the trade deadline. Any deeper predictions would be as good as throwing darts on a board at this point.

ProspectsFanatic

Nov 13, 2012
DLR will be there.

That or Scherbak.

I really like Scherbak, but I don't think is NHL ready. Yes, he already has a good size and a lot of tools offensively, but he still has to improve is all-around game. It is rarely a good idea to push early a player in the NHL unless he has exceptional talent. Don't want to make the same mistakes, Tampa made with Brett Connolly or NYI with Nino Niederreiter.

De La Rose is not fully NHL ready yet, he need at least some experience in the AHL to get use to the north american rink and play style. Will see at mid-season if he is ready to make the jump to the NHL.

So, I believe it will be a fight between Bournival and Sekac. Pre-season games will be very determinant for Sekac to show us what he is made of.

I expect Andrighetto to start in the AHL. Wouldn't be surprise to see him being call up quickly if he is dominant in the AHL.

Habsrule

Jun 13, 2004
I will most likely get flamed for the but Dany Heatley.

It looks like their are either no takers for him or else he wants too much money. I would love to sign him to a one year, two million dollar contract. I think he could be a lower risk-higher reward type of player.

Give him softer third line minutes and on the power play with Pacioretty and Desharnais.

CHaracter79

Apr 21, 2014
I will most likely get flamed for the but Dany Heatley.

It looks like their are either no takers for him or else he wants too much money. I would love to sign him to a one year, two million dollar contract. I think he could be a lower risk-higher reward type of player.

Give him softer third line minutes and on the power play with Pacioretty and Desharnais.

he slower then a replay.. seriously..

Habsrule

Jun 13, 2004
he slower then a replay.. seriously..

That would be why he is on the third line. He would be matched up against other third lines and would be against lesser competition.

Plus he still has a good shot and I think that Montreal is missing that goal scorer threat. I really do not see any young player as NHL ready yet. I may be wrong.

I would like it if Sekac was ready but for all we know he could be another Leino or Brunnstrom. Hopefully not. The way that I look at it is the Habs division is wide open.

Bruins had lost some depth.
Lightning had gotten better but I am not sold on them yet from last year.
Leafs had gotten worse.
Sens took a step backwards.
Wings are about on par as last year.
Sabres are going for McDavid.
Panthers got better but are still very young.

Realistically to me the Habs have a very legit shot at winning the division. I do not want them to go into the season with this third line hole. Plus what people tend to forget is that injuries happen. It is part if the game and how often do teams have a full healthy lineup? The more depth the better.

ericd

Feb 20, 2007
How about trading for Mikkel Boedker to play with Eller. They played together and were friends in Danemark.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
:laugh: Indeed. Especially the out of town stuff. Everything happening outside Mtl lumped into one big thread.

Out of town stuff might seem like it gets 'over merged', but that's because this is the habs board. If you want to discuss 'around the league' stuff in depth, that's what the main boards are for.

Mods are always listening to suggestions, though. So PM one if you have some.

BeliveauFan4ever

Apr 10, 2006
A new 4th liner: Jordan Nolan.

Spice up the Sabres-Habs matchups...ex-Habs @ Buffalo, Jordan playing against Pa-pa.

Gets us more size and his salary checks out (750K).

Bet he can be had for not-too-much from L.A.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad