Who will be the Kopitar (or Shremp) of the 2006 draft?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garp

Jul 5, 2004
Here
Which player is ranked high by ISS and others but will drop on draft day?

I can see Little drop around 15 because of his lack of foot speed and because of his height.

And I don't know why, but I also think that Brassard is gonna go around 20 (which would be a mistake IMO)

Also who will be the blake Wheeler/Sasha Pokulok of this year.

I can see Bernier taken in the top 10 by a team in need of a good G. I also think that Sheppard will be taken around 6-8 which won't be a shock, but is higher than most think.

Fighter

Jan 1, 2004
Trieste, Italy
All good calls.

Frolik will fall a little but still deserve a top 5 selection IMO.

I would love to see Little falling a bit, just to be available when Anaheim pick.

I think the Schremp (for different reasons anyway) of the 2006 will be Jesse Joenssu: he has all the tools to be a monster, and someone argued he was a top 3 candidate, but he hasn't shined in the last tournaments.

Brassard could be the Wheeler of the 2006 instead.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
I take the "Kopitar" as by a young, unknown (more or less) player rising a decent amount. My "Kopitar's" of this draft are both Mike Forney and Ryan Flynn. Two very unknown American prospects.

Tadite

Feb 27, 2002
Rhode Island
Visit site
All I know is that if your a highly ranked prospect who drops the Kings are going to take you.

Kopitar, Tukonen,Frolov, and Brown. Heck nearly all our 1st for the past 5 years have been guys who droped on draft day. Often for unknown reasons.

O yea if you are a Red Line Dark Horse you are also certian to be a King.

AgentNaslund*

Jon Prescription said:
I take the "Kopitar" as by a young, unknown (more or less) player rising a decent amount. My "Kopitar's" of this draft are both Mike Forney and Ryan Flynn. Two very unknown American prospects.

When they mean Kopitar are Schremp, these are 2 prospects that have one thing in Common, and it was that CSS, had them ranked as top prospects. Kopitar was one of a possible 5 other guys that could have been drafted before Crosby according to CSS. Robbie Schremp was another guy, that was suppose to be drafted around the top 10 list. But Schremp dropped to 25, and Kopitar, a possible number 2 pick, dropped to 11.

So they are basically asking who do you think will be dropped big time from the top prospect list.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
AgentNaslund said:
When they mean Kopitar are Schremp, these are 2 prospects that have one thing in Common, and it was that CSS, had them ranked as top prospects. Kopitar was one of a possible 5 other guys that could have been drafted before Crosby according to CSS. Robbie Schremp was another guy, that was suppose to be drafted around the top 10 list. But Schremp dropped to 25, and Kopitar, a possible number 2 pick, dropped to 11.

So they are basically asking who do you think will be dropped big time from the top prospect list.

I know what he means. I don't think Kopitar fell THAT far from where he was expected to go. He was a HUGE unknown in the draft. Hence why I compare him to more unknown prospects who have the potential to go high in the draft.

David A. Rainer

Jun 10, 2002
Huntington Beach
profile.myspace.com
Brule said:
Where did most people have Brown going before the draft? Just curious about that... :)

When the year first started, he was supposed to go somewhere in the 5-7 range. He ended up going 13th. If I recall correctly (someone correct me if they know), CSB had him ranked as the #2 NA Skater in their initial rankings.

Old Hickory

David A. Rainer said:
When the year first started, he was supposed to go somewhere in the 5-7 range. He ended up going 13th. If I recall correctly (someone correct me if they know), CSB had him ranked as the #2 NA Skater in their initial rankings.
You are correct sir.

Scottkmlps

Aug 25, 2003
Ladysmith, BC
Visit site
Jon Prescription said:
I know what he means. I don't think Kopitar fell THAT far from where he was expected to go. He was a HUGE unknown in the draft. Hence why I compare him to more unknown prospects who have the potential to go high in the draft.

Wasn't he the top ranked European prospect? I could be wrong. He wasn't a HUGE unknown in the draft, it was his national background that was the thing that hurt him. Doesn't bother me though, the Kings got him, and from what I heard and read last year was that he could've made the Kings roster but was commited to playing over sea's.

ukyo

Mar 2, 2003
Silicon Valley
Visit site
Tadite said:
All I know is that if your a highly ranked prospect who drops the Kings are going to take you.

Kopitar, Tukonen,Frolov, and Brown. Heck nearly all our 1st for the past 5 years have been guys who droped on draft day. Often for unknown reasons.

O yea if you are a Red Line Dark Horse you are also certian to be a King.

Other than Pushkarev, who else was a Red Line Dark Horse that the Kings drafted? Just curious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad