Speculation: Who will be the Habs next coach?

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
Gonna be Lefebvre.
etusmf_th.png

Habs8517

Feb 28, 2007
Montreal
Should have been Mike Babcock but the Habs dont care about winning the Cup. The only thing they care is the ability to speak French.

They even go so far to try and create a artificial french superstar by the name of David Desharnais because i cannot find a logical reason why that trash has been hindering for 4 years Alex Galchenyuk.

JPGoHabsGo

May 30, 2013
Will be default once they fire Therrien.

But hopefully the next coach is hired based off competence and not the language he speaks.

LOL lets be honest, that will unfortunatley always be a problem for us. I wish it wasn't but the reality is we will never not have that issue.

Unless the Nords come back and take major political pressure off of the team, but even then it isn't guaranteed. Which, is pretty sad really.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
Hiring Guy Boucher makes too much sense for it to not happened. One of his formner assistants is already coaching here and he already coached two of our star players. That being said I'm actually expecting Lefebvre at this point considering how mamgement likes to hire person friends and because Lefebvre is already used to Therrien's coaching methods.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
if Boucher isn't the next coach, i'll be stunned... and banging the fire bergevin drum until it inevitably happens.

19VJ17

Mar 9, 2011
This is stupid!!!

How come you don't have Sylvain Lefebvre#5 IN THE POLL!!!

Everyone knows Sylvain Lefebvre#5 is a better coaching and has been a winner everywhere he has coached.
Infact Sylvain Lefebvre#5 has a better coaching record than the combined Sylvain Lefebvre#1,2,3 and 4

:shakehead:

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Not a big fan of Boucher.....but Therrien is just worst at this point.
But it make sense to go with him. I would welcome that change.

Lefebvre, i don't want.
Carbo, not a coach.
Vincent, Groulx are green...green coach don't do well in Montreal

Go Boucher

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
Not a big fan of Boucher.....but Therrien is just worst at this point.
But it make sense to go with him. I would welcome that change.

Lefebvre, i don't want.
Carbo, not a coach.
Vincent, Groulx are green...green coach don't do well in Montreal

Go Boucher

Groulx has been coaching forever how green is he, really? I know he has not coached in the NHL but the guy has ton of experience. He's not a fast raiser like Boucher was when he went to the NHL for example.

Video Coach

Sep 16, 2005
The thing is if a coaching change is going to happen in season (especially this late in season) it's usually someone within the system so it's pretty much down to Lefebre, Lacroix, Daigneault, or maybe someone like Martin Lapointe or Scott Mellanby, at least for the interim.

The Walrus is currently an assistant in Anaheim so you can take him off the list for this season.

I'd be interested to see if Muller or Boucher were on the list (assuming there is a list someone in a locked compartment somewhere).

19VJ17

Mar 9, 2011
MT is a good table setter, bring in the right coach and I can see this team amping up for a good run at the Cup.

I would go with Boucher

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
the thing is if a coaching change is going to happen in season (especially this late in season) it's usually someone within the system so it's pretty much down to lefebre, lacroix, daigneault, or maybe someone like martin lapointe or scott mellanby, at least for the interim.

The walrus is currently an assistant in anaheim so you can take him off the list for this season.

I'd be interested to see if muller or boucher were on the list (assuming there is a list someone in a locked compartment somewhere).

For interim Coach, Larry Robinson would be a good choice

Kojo

Nov 22, 2013
Bring in Boucher as a consultant and if the Habs keep losing promote him to head coach.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad