Who WILL BE the goaltenders on Team Canada at the Olympics?

Status
Not open for further replies.

joe_shannon_1983*

Who WILL BE the goaltenders on Team Canada at the Olympics?

Keep in mind that this is asking who WILL BE the goaltenders, not who SHOULD BE the goaltenders. There is a big difference, and I want to know who WILL BE the goaltenders for Team Canada at the Olympics.

You are to pick 2 players.

This accounts for the fact that the following 1 players are absolute locks: Brodeur.

Who WILL BE the last 2 goaltenders picked?

katodelder

Apr 22, 2004
Turco will backup Brodeur due to superb play this season and superior puckhandling ability, despite lack of international experience.

Luongo will not pout as a number three and is still considered Brodeur's successor.

Time has passed Joseph by, despite ressurgence and proximity to Gretzky.

No others should even merit consideration.

joe_shannon_1983*

Jazz said:
You forgot Marty Brodeur in the poll. :teach:

EDIT: never mind - I did the poll before reading... I'm sure many here do not think, given his play so far this season, that Brodeur is a lock, and perhaps should have been on the list as well.

Gretzky said that Brodeur is pretty much a sure thing. That is why I didn't include him as an option.

wildone26*

Turco and Joseph. I would love to see Theo make it but he wont. Luongo still might, but he also might not, it will be close. Belfour definitely not. Those were the only 6 ever being considered.

CoolburnIsGone

Luongo has caught fire lately so I think he should be there (and considering his Italian heritage would make sense to play in Turin).

I think Theodore, Turco and CuJo are all fighting for the 3rd spot IMHO. I gave the edge to CuJo based on his SV % & GAA this season so far.

Mr Kanadensisk

May 13, 2005
At this point you gotta go with Turco and Luongo. Cujo has just blown to many pressure games to get an invite. Gretzky has always said that more than just this seasons stats will factor into who makes the team. Cujo has never been a great playoff goalie.

Nihilism

May 2, 2003
Canada
Luongo definitely is the #2, and I would personally go with Biron as the #3 since he's been playing so well the last month. However, he will cool off so I would go with the reliable Marty Turco.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
weaponomega said:
Brodeur, Luongo and Cujo. Cujo has been playing great and has the advantage of playing for Gretzkyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.

But the disadvantage of Quinn being the coach. Cujo won't make the team.

Broduer, Luongo and Turco. :teach: Book it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad