Who will be the franchise face?

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Actually no player will be, Joe Sakic and Patrick Roy will get the most hype IMO.

Considering players it's Duchene by far until otherwise noted.

Foppa

Future Norris Winner
Feb 27, 2002
Kansas City, USA
Actually no player will be, Joe Sakic and Patrick Roy will get the most hype IMO.

True and I believe this can only be a good thing. It'll take some pressure off of the players and when the players do have to deal with it, hard to think of a better duo to dispense advice.

Mouse21*

They made Landeskog captain to be the face of the franchise imo

i dont think so. if you were to ask fans of other teams, id say 90% would say Duchene is the player they think of when they hear Avs.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
I feel like Landeskog is a bit of a forgotten man and when he beasts it this year, it'll be every bit a 3-headed monster.

This is exactly what I was thinking, 3-headed monster lol.

Maybe we can add a fourth to that in Varlamov if he hits his potential. I'd say Sakic has the majority, but even among Avs fans some have their favorite between Sakic, Roy, and Forsberg. Forsberg is my number one personally.

And as you'd expect Landeskog is my favorite right now, but I tend to gravitate towards power forwards who do everything in the game. If Mackinnon is as much of a power player as he's touted, should be interesting. I'm sure some people will jump on Mackinnon's bad wagon, and some will stay loyal to Duchene.

I really hope Varlamov joins this convo, really would love to see him succeed. He's got so much raw talent, and is uber competitive.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Jones having an ego? :shakehead

I guess all of the reports that were put out on him, among those our own Renegade Stylings, saying that he's humble but confident, were wrong?

I guess confidence in your game is now having an ego.

Dion Phaneuf has an ego, Patrick Kane has an ego. Those guys, while talented, show their cockiness and ego off the ice just as much on it.

But I guess it's not enough (for some) that we didn't draft Jones, we've got to take unnecessary pot-shots at him as well?

You don't think Jones has and ego? That was one of the biggest reasons why I didn't want him near the team. The guy screams immature/me first attitude to me. You can just tell he thinks that he is so awesome. The interview to me that really set me over the edge with him was the one leading up to the draft with one team (I can't remember which team posted it), where they ask him about some of his weaknesses and he basically says that they don't bother him and he isn't going to work on them and is just going to focus oh what he already does well. What kind of person says that they aren't going to work on their weaknesses? One with a giant inflated ego.

There is a difference between being cocky and having a big head. Jones is in the big head category. Not saying that can't change over time as he is only 18, but he needs to get over himself.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad