Who will be the Avs best player against Arizona?

Who will be the Avs best player against Arizona?

• Total voters

To the window!
Sponsor
Jan 15, 2011
North Cackolacka
Despite the obvious of Mack and Mikko I voted other for JT Compher because I think he will have a big series. Calvert too.

Last edited:

Avs9296

Jul 1, 2019
The only guy who has the potential to be better than Mack is Mikko, but only if he picks up his game considerably. Mikko has that potential though.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I think Mikko's combination of size and skill could make him the best player in this series. Arizona will try and shut down Nate's transition game, but Mikko does a lot of his best work in the O zone. He's the only one with a point per game against them too.

I can see Girard having a good series too, though he hasn't been very productive against them. Makar will get a lot of focus from Arizona, and the coaches will be pushing G to keep moving his feet up ice to break Arizona's netural zone forecheck. We may see a lot of Sammy with his dancing shoes on.

Also, Calvert's 5 goals are the 2nd most he has against any team in the league, behind Pittsburgh (6). Teams lean on him and his hard working style to get the greasy goals against teams like Arizona, so look for him to be a factor.

Nate actually has a hard time scoring goals against Arizona.

Here's everyone's splits:

MacK - 19 games - 3 goals 13 assists - 16 points
Landy - 25 games - 8 goals 8 assists - 16 points
Mikko - 9 games - 3 goals 6 assists - 9 points
Kadri - 14 games - 3 goals 4 assists - 7 points
Makar - 2 games - 0 goals 2 assists - 2 points
Girard - 8 games - 0 goals 1 assist - 1 point

Calvert - 19 games - 5 goals 1 assist - 6 points

Reactions: Jazzguitar

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Jimothy Timothy aka Mr. Clutch. Wbo else?

The way he's played lately, that's not a bad pick. Especially in grinding games against a team like Arizona too.

Look out for Donskoi for those same reasons. Both have played well lately and have games suited for that style.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Goligoski completely useless on that first play. Then OEL just hands the puck to Compher on the second and dogs the backcheck. :laugh:

Reactions: Pokecheque

member 149439

I honestly took Nate out of the equation for this since it’s him by about 94 million or so miles. Our second best player I think will be Makar.

Spleenless Wonder21

Done like dinner
Jun 29, 2009
Ohio
I can’t not go MacK, as when the postseason rolls around he flips a switch.

tenor.gif

Any of especially Rants, Landy, Makar, Samwise, or a net minder are welcome to fill the role, though.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I voted who it needs to be to get by cleanly in this round. It needs to be Makar. His puck movement needs to be top notch throughout the series to breakdown Arizona's defensive system. If he struggles (and by further extension, Girard), it will be a long series. Avs likely still win, but more like 6/7 games vs 4/5 games.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
I voted who it needs to be to get by cleanly in this round. It needs to be Makar. His puck movement needs to be top notch throughout the series to breakdown Arizona's defensive system. If he struggles (and by further extension, Girard), it will be a long series. Avs likely still win, but more like 6/7 games vs 4/5 games.

I get the point you’re making, but come on now. :D

Anders Cain

Formerly JordoMack
Jul 7, 2018
Nova Scotia
I think its going to be whoever drives the net the hardest looking for rebounds. Apparently Kuemper gave up a mess of rebounds but Nashville kept to the outside, I heard. I think you'll see guys like Calvert, Landeskog, Donk, Compher, Kadri clean up some of that trash, and itll be a win by committee with nobody specific standing out.

Or Mack takes over the series.. *shrug*

Reactions: Lemonlimey

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad